Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What are best Video Editors?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

What are best Video Editors?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi
Ive been testing some of them, and reading some reviews, and Ive got the feeling, most of them are kind of the same..
Here Some reviews:
https://itsfoss.com/best-video-editing-software-linux/

Ive tested all of theses:
- Kdenlive --> Seems best opensource app for edition. (i dont like it very much)
- lightworks is paid license (It doesnt worth)
- Avidemux -> I find it very complete and functional (It gives you something else)
- Handbrake.> Also seems a very solid transcodding app (They already reached stable version 1.x)
- Blender looks like a proffesional app According to reviews.
- Cinelerra > Seems close to a proffesional app
- Shotcut (they say very stable) > Seems close to a proffesional app .

I would recommend for a regular user:
- kdenlive, shotcut, cinelerra, handbrake, avidemux, mkvtoolnix-gui

What's your opinion, what would you recommend us and why? :)
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

debiman

Re: What are best Video Editors?

#2 Post by debiman »

Code: Select all

terminal + ffmpeg + search engine
hasn't failed me yet.
:mrgreen:

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

debiman wrote:

Code: Select all

terminal + ffmpeg + search engine
hasn't failed me yet.
:mrgreen:
cool!!, How do you apply effects and transictions, and timiline adjusts...

Winff is a simple good gui for ffmpeg, it helps you to not commit any errors by using presets templates.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

bester69 wrote:How do you apply effects and transictions, and timiline adjusts...
that would be the search engine part.

Zjho

#5 Post by Zjho »

Pitivi is another in the repo though have only used it once or twice and seemed less intuitive than Avidemux.

bester69

#6 Post by bester69 »

Zjho wrote:Pitivi is another in the repo though have only used it once or twice and seemed less intuitive than Avidemux.
I love Avidemux, its a very well done software, its also great DvdStyler for authoring DVD's, if you are looking for some menus in videos, this is your program.

It seems to me , the most serious/proffesional open source tool, for video edition is blender. I'd like to take it a look eventually.
Tutorial Video Edition with blender (First fourth parts).:
1 - Blender Video Editing (Setup Defaults)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTn8GsRk48
2 - Blender Video Editing (Importing video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AveiZhv2xHs
3 - Blender Video Editing (Move Around Sequencer / Render Frame Range)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boql0WIQqlA
4 - Blender Video Editing (Select, Grab, and Cut strips)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw-GPKEMNxY

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeycalDOTcom

Zjho

#7 Post by Zjho »

Bester thanks for drawing my attention to YT usage for editor howtos, they are almost like learning a new window manager.
Delighted Debian repos offers some choice of these beasts, Blender installed quickly without fuss, never thought that would happen :)

Innovate

#8 Post by Innovate »

Dunno, I won't judge any of those "best" since everyone have their own different standards.
In the end they'll just use what works for them most.
Able to have these tools without rely Adobe AE. is all that matters.
What's make you survive on linux that easily are all those app that you've been hoarding up until now.

Funkygoby

#9 Post by Funkygoby »

Blender

I made a music clip for my band on a X61s (2Go ram, core2duo). I had the audio track already mixed and 2 videos of the recording from 2 cameras.
I was using wheezy at the time.

Openshot wouldn't show a decent waveform so I couldn't sync audio/videos on the "clap"
Pitivi didn't have a jack backend. I don't remember why but I needed it.
I may have tried kdenlive and cinelerra but wasn't impressed. I remember a lot of crash from one of those.

Blender, once you have the basic understanding of the UI is wonderful. Syncing AV, framerates, slowing, clipping, cutting are easy and won't crash. I managed to make a credits endings roll by using a translation transformation of a long bmp created with gimp.

While I was editing, I used a downsized version of the videos (320p or so) so my computer could handle it. When I was satisfied, I just replaced the folder (actually, a symlink) to the full resolution videos, re-opened my project and rendered.
Carefull, try to keep a consistent framerates across your videos clip (compressed or not), or else, you might slowly loose A/V in your blender project.

In order to convert the videos clips, I used handbrake. Cool software in my case.
But it's not a video editors per se.

If you want to see the result, search "gingerbread boys the peacocks" in youtube.

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

Funkygoby wrote:Blender

I made a music clip for my band on a X61s (2Go ram, core2duo). I had the audio track already mixed and 2 videos of the recording from 2 cameras.
I was using wheezy at the time.

Openshot wouldn't show a decent waveform so I couldn't sync audio/videos on the "clap"
Pitivi didn't have a jack backend. I don't remember why but I needed it.
I may have tried kdenlive and cinelerra but wasn't impressed. I remember a lot of crash from one of those.

Blender, once you have the basic understanding of the UI is wonderful. Syncing AV, framerates, slowing, clipping, cutting are easy and won't crash. I managed to make a credits endings roll by using a translation transformation of a long bmp created with gimp.

While I was editing, I used a downsized version of the videos (320p or so) so my computer could handle it. When I was satisfied, I just replaced the folder (actually, a symlink) to the full resolution videos, re-opened my project and rendered.
Carefull, try to keep a consistent framerates across your videos clip (compressed or not), or else, you might slowly loose A/V in your blender project.

In order to convert the videos clips, I used handbrake. Cool software in my case.
But it's not a video editors per se.

If you want to see the result, search "gingerbread boys the peacocks" in youtube.
Thaks for your feedback, I got that feeling about blender and some reviews i read about it.. I will keep it on my mind. Im also agree about handbrake, its a very stable transcoder video edition, ive use it a few times with success. The rest of apps are very buggy sometimes..

Cyborg

#11 Post by Cyborg »

I like flowblade very much. I'm far from an expert, though.

bester69

#12 Post by bester69 »

Cyborg wrote:I like flowblade very much. I'm far from an expert, though.
Ive been testing it, and I like it as well vwey much, I find it easier to use than kdenlive and similars,

I like, It seems a pretty stable and robust video editor app; more than most of the rest.:
- Flowblade is designed to provide a fast, precise and robust editing experience.
- My own personal experience with Flowblade is mixed. It’s a very competent editor, and one of the more stable video editors on Linux.

:D

Job

#13 Post by Job »

h264enc for me.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD