What about using rclone?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

What about using rclone?

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-26 20:12

Hi,

Ive discovered this tool, and It really look greats as you can connect very easily to most of the popular clouds...

Has anyone used, How did it go??.. It seem both ways sync is not developed yet.. Im trying rclone-browser (the gui), and its really great I connected very easily to Box and Dropbox.. By the way stable channel cant connect to some clouds you must use last versions.

Please give your opinions and experiences about this wonderfull App... Is It suited for backups, for replacing duplicity?

Thanks.
:o
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: What about using rclone?

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-26 20:34

Ive been using drive (https://github.com/odeke-em/drive) for a while to push my local files to google drive but its some slow so Im gonna try with "rclone sync source:path dest:path", and I will tell you how it went.

Ive seen rclone is more or less rsync with cloud backend services.. Here a PUSH to a Google Drive target folder.:
Code: Select all
rclone sync  --delete-before --checksum --verbose --no-update-modtime --transfers 4 --checkers 8 --contimeout 60s --timeout 300s --retries 3 --low-level-retries 10 --stats 1s /home/myuser/LINUXDEBS/dedup GoogleMydrive:LINUX/dedup

Wonderfull APP!!!, I can now backup to MEGA; and using it as a graphical Box's client as well.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Return to Offtopic