Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What about using rclone?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

What about using rclone?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

Ive discovered this tool, and It really look greats as you can connect very easily to most of the popular clouds...

Has anyone used, How did it go??.. It seem both ways sync is not developed yet.. Im trying rclone-browser (the gui), and its really great I connected very easily to Box and Dropbox.. By the way stable channel cant connect to some clouds you must use last versions.

Please give your opinions and experiences about this wonderfull App... Is It suited for backups, for replacing duplicity?

Thanks.
:o
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: What about using rclone?

#2 Post by bester69 »

Ive been using drive (https://github.com/odeke-em/drive) for a while to push my local files to google drive but its some slow so Im gonna try with "rclone sync source:path dest:path", and I will tell you how it went.

Ive seen rclone is more or less rsync with cloud backend services.. Here a PUSH to a Google Drive target folder.:

Code: Select all

rclone sync  --delete-before --checksum --verbose --no-update-modtime --transfers 4 --checkers 8 --contimeout 60s --timeout 300s --retries 3 --low-level-retries 10 --stats 1s /home/myuser/LINUXDEBS/dedup GoogleMydrive:LINUX/dedup
Wonderfull APP!!!, I can now backup to MEGA; and using it as a graphical Box's client as well.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Daemonicvs

#3 Post by Daemonicvs »

Hi there,

I use rclone-browser, but, I can't figure how to set up MEGA, I don't see it in the list,
did you also install something else?

Thanks

wizard10000
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by wizard10000 »

I've used rclone for years - I have a nightly systemd timer that pushes one copy of my backups to gdrive. For me it just works :)
we see things not as they are, but as we are.
-- anais nin

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

Daemonicvs wrote: 2021-11-01 03:25 Hi there,

I use rclone-browser, but, I can't figure how to set up MEGA, I don't see it in the list,

Thanks
last version for some reason dont have MEGA support (didnt check why), it happens the same to me.. you will have to use a previously versions

Im using with Bullseye working to push into MEGA, following version:
rclone v1.46
https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/tag/v1.46

by the way, Im backing up right now, my half a year backup into MEGA :roll:; if you have a big bakckup to upload or thousands of files, Id recommend you to use duplicity with rclone, it works like a charm

craigevil

#6 Post by craigevil »

A simple app that just uses BASH to setup sync, Cloudbuddy. Not sure if it is just arm/arm64 or not,
https://github.com/Botspot/cloudbuddy
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

Daemonicvs

#7 Post by Daemonicvs »

bester69 wrote: 2021-11-01 13:55
Daemonicvs wrote: 2021-11-01 03:25 Hi there,

Thanks
last version for some reason dont have MEGA support (didnt check why), it happens the same to me.. you will have to use a previously versions

Im using with Bullseye working to push into MEGA, following version:
rclone v1.46
https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/tag/v1.46

by the way, Im backing up right now, my half a year backup into MEGA :roll:; if you have a big bakckup to upload or thousands of files, Id recommend you to use duplicity with rclone, it works like a charm
Oh well, I thought it was just me,
I will check duplicity,
Thanks

clementishutin

#8 Post by clementishutin »

When using Rclone to move, copy, or sync files across the network, they are always secured. Many of the cloud services that work with Rclone encrypt your files while they're on the server, so no one but you can read them.