Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Centos7 Joining Ubuntu Samba Domain Controller

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Erudes

Centos7 Joining Ubuntu Samba Domain Controller

#1 Post by Erudes »

Hello everyone!

I have an Ubuntu Samba Server AD style, that I use to centralize my logins for windows clients, and it works just fine, Windows machine have full access to the domain and can login and even share files, also I can manage the AD through RSAT.

I've been trying for a while to get a CentOS7 client machine to join the domain and I have succesfully done it, but when trying to login using:

su - domainuser@domain.lan, it tells me the user does not exist.

I installed Winbind Client, trying to run wbinfo -u, and it tells Error Looking Up Domain Users WBC ERR WINBIND NOT AVAILABLE.

As an additional piece of information, the only way I could joined the machine to the domain was by adding manually through /etc/hosts the IP of domain controller and their name. I have correctly configured DNS on Samba Sever with correct records, and also resolv.conf from Centos client points there.

Any ideas why this can be happening? If anything like screenshots or config data is needed let me know!

Thank you!

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Centos7 Joining Ubuntu Samba Domain Controller

#2 Post by cds60601 »

You do realize that CentOS is not Debian, right? Cent would belong to the RedHat/Fedora family.
As for Ubuntu while it is true that Ubu is a "derivative" of Debian, it isn't Debian.

So constructively, I might say visit a Cent or Ubuntu forum for you answers.

Cheers
Chris
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Centos7 Joining Ubuntu Samba Domain Controller

#3 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

Moved to Offtopic.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...