Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

installed deepin on an asus flipbook

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
beeboks34

installed deepin on an asus flipbook

#1 Post by beeboks34 »

So Deepin is a Debian-based distro, so I think this is the right place to post my question.

I recently installed it on an ASUS VivoBook Flip TP201SA. It's all fine and fast, the only thing that's strange is that:
1) At first, my touch pad got disabled, but my touch screen works.
2) Then, after a few days, my touchpad now works but my touch screen doesn't.

Is it getting confused by the hardware or something? I initially installed elementaryOS, but it also had the same problem.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: installed deepin on an asus flipbook

#2 Post by sunrat »

beeboks34 wrote:So Deepin is a Debian-based distro, so I think this is the right place to post my question.
Sorry, but this is not the right place. I believe Deepin is quite different to Debian. Maybe they have their own forums or support channels.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

beeboks34

#3 Post by beeboks34 »

sunrat wrote:
beeboks34 wrote:So Deepin is a Debian-based distro, so I think this is the right place to post my question.
Sorry, but this is not the right place. I believe Deepin is quite different to Debian. Maybe they have their own forums or support channels.
Oh I see, my bad :lol:

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by sunrat »

You're welcome to ask here about installing Debian, but afaik those flip tablet devices are tricky on any Linux and may require very specific kernels and drivers.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!