Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

microwave emissions reduction - bluetooth WIFI

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
golinux

Re: microwave emissions reduction - bluetooth WIFI

#46 Post by golinux »

vbrummond wrote:. . . their problem is psychological.
Newsflash . . . in the end all our problems are in the mind (but let's leave psychology out of it because wack-a-doodle pseudo "science" only makes things worse).
May the FORK be with you!

llivv

#47 Post by llivv »

whatever the health risk(s) or lack thereof, there sure is no shortage of ways to connect
and cook the book
(picture for those who don't read good an stuff)
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/valveso ... lsize.webm
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

pendrachken

#48 Post by pendrachken »

golinux wrote:
stevepusser wrote:US life expectancies plummet from 76.2 to 76.0 yrs, and infant mortality is higher than other developed nations.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that the US has the worst and yet the most expensive health care system, does it? Or that more Americans are morbidly obese than in those countries? Why, if I could get outta my fat scooter, I'd kick ya right in the chakras! USA! USA! It ain't my fault, it's those damn microwaves!
Love your sarcasm. Add to that GMOs, agricultural and other chemicals and processed food. A way to make money off of us from the cradle to the grave. Pay to get sick by buying all those brightly colored cans and boxes that line grocery shelves and pay to try to reverse the damage with more chemicals. Cash cow.

Yeah, screw those GMO foods! I only want my "Organic" radiation bombardment induced mutations in my food, not some planned out genesplice from a lab!

Oh yeah, and why is it that people travel from all over the world to study medicine / get treatments for the rarest diseases in the U.S.? Must be due to having the worst medical health care system ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P

golinux

#49 Post by golinux »

News flash . . . irradiation, genetic modification and sewer sludge fertilization are forbidden in organic production. Yes, I have been eating organically for decades. And it seems to work. At 76 no chronic health conditions, no doctors and no pharma.

I have known quite a few people that have gone to Mexico or even Asia for medical procedures. Personally, I avoid conventional medicine and have even opted out of Medicare B because I'd never use it.

We really need to get over our preoccupation with "saving lives". Birth is not the beginning and death is not the end. Go with the flow and let nature take its course.

pendrachken

#50 Post by pendrachken »

Newsflash for you then, irradiation mutations ARE considered organic. You might want to educate yourself a little more on what you are paying a large premium for. It's still being done to this day.

And I'm not saying that as mockery this time. It's still considered organic since the mutations are random and then selected out of the batch for desired traits.

Some organic producers may forbid irradiation, but certified organic can, and often is, produced and modified in this way.

There are myriad other issues, but I won't get into them on my phone right now.
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P

golinux

#51 Post by golinux »

Mutagenesis has been studied for nearly a century so is nothing new. It happens spontaneously in nature and has been used as a way to induce "desirable" traits in plants. I find it a questionable breeding technique but gene splicing is something quite different. I have been following its progression since the mid-90s and know many of the players personally so am quite well versed on the topic, thank you.

Do have a read on this page.

llivv

#52 Post by llivv »

The effects of polarization work in the dark corners of the sphere.
Radio activity is just one of the more interesting facets of our Christmas presents.
Happy Holidays