microwave emissions reduction - bluetooth WIFI

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: microwave emissions reduction - bluetooth WIFI

Postby Wheelerof4te » 2018-07-30 17:34

stevepusser wrote:Cosmic rays: "Hey, what about us!" By the way, the high-altitude woo centers like Sedona are more exposed to this radiation.

Radon gas: "Excuse me, I come from the radioactive decay of elements in the Earth, sir. Get woke!"

Naturally radioactive potassium-40 in your bones and precious organic bananas: "Radiationist!"

Lightning bolts: "Did you know we generate gamma rays? Look it up. Though we haven't managed to make anyone we strike Hulk Out yet, we'll keep trying!"

Steve, I've considered you a calm and level-headed person. The amount of patronizing sarcasm seen here really surprised me. No matter, we all have triggers, don't we?
Those sources are too random, obscure and irrelevant when compared to the energy radiated by the Sun.

golinux wrote:Now, let's take this discussion to the next level of absurdity (with which I don't disagree) . . . This site recently popped up on my radar. I found this page quite describes the doodoo in which we find ourselves.

The level of negativity and pessimism displayed over there would bring even the happiest person in the world to the dark side. No, thank you. I am pessimistic enough already.
Wheelerof4te

Postby golinux » 2018-07-30 18:16

May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby RU55EL » 2018-07-31 18:46

paint-it-black wrote:[...]I found the txpower option in iwconfig and I can set the power on the linux box down to 1dbm, that works for me. However it is booting at 22dbm. I would rather it booted powered off with not even a beacon, and then I set the power, then if it has to be used, can turn it back on. xfce4 here has a network manager and I did turn the WIFI off by default, so does this mean the card is not transmitting?[...]

Have you tried iwconfig with the wifi turned off? I am not familiar with the network manager in xfce. Using Gnome, I keep wifi turned off all the time and use the Ethernet port for networking. I replaced the original wifi card so that I don't need non-free software if I should choose to use it, and I chose a card without Bluetooth simple because it was less expensive and I don't use Bluetooth on this computer.

Code: Select all
russel@u55a:~$ sudo iwconfig
[sudo] password for russel:
lo        no wireless extensions.

wlp2s0    IEEE 802.11  ESSID:off/any 
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=off   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off

tun0      no wireless extensions.

enp3s0f2  no wireless extensions.

RU55EL

Postby stevepusser » 2018-08-01 02:40

Wheelerof4te wrote:
stevepusser wrote:Cosmic rays: "Hey, what about us!" By the way, the high-altitude woo centers like Sedona are more exposed to this radiation.

Radon gas: "Excuse me, I come from the radioactive decay of elements in the Earth, sir. Get woke!"

Naturally radioactive potassium-40 in your bones and precious organic bananas: "Radiationist!"

Lightning bolts: "Did you know we generate gamma rays? Look it up. Though we haven't managed to make anyone we strike Hulk Out yet, we'll keep trying!"

Steve, I've considered you a calm and level-headed person. The amount of patronizing sarcasm seen here really surprised me. No matter, we all have triggers, don't we?
Those sources are too random, obscure and irrelevant when compared to the energy radiated by the Sun.

I was going more for the funny side than the sarcastic, but the radiation from radon gas that accumulates in basements presents a clear risk of cancer if not cleared out by good ventilation. I doubt that any one that contracted lung cancer from it would consider it obscure and irrelevant.

I would also argue that the inescapable radiation from K40 and C12 in our bodies can be more of an influence than the sun, which is not shooting beta radiation at us, but only UV rays that can be avoided or minimized with sunscreen and clothing. Potassium and carbon is pretty tough to remove from your body... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backgroun ... _and_water

You may also laugh off cosmic rays, but many authorities do not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backgroun ... _radiation
Last edited by stevepusser on 2018-08-02 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Kdenlive 18.08.1, Pale Moon 28.1.0, wine-staging 3.17, qBittorrent 4.1.3, Liquorix kernel 4.18-13, Audacity 2.3.0
stevepusser

Postby Pick2 » 2018-08-01 03:49

stevepusser wrote:I was going more for the funny side ...

I read you post as comedic , maybe not stand up , but I can picture you sitting in front of your 'puter Smiling ... :)
Good News Everybody ! :lol:
Pick2

Postby stevepusser » 2018-08-02 17:57

And before we cherry pick one country to represent all with so-called plummeting life expectancies, somebody concerned with facts instead of fear-mongering would look at other countries before making such claims...how about Japan? They're much more concentrated in urban centers awash with radio signals than US citizens, so they must be dying much earlier as the signals increased, right. Right?

Hunh. Whaddya know. Source: https://www.google.com/publicdata/explo ... &ind=false
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Kdenlive 18.08.1, Pale Moon 28.1.0, wine-staging 3.17, qBittorrent 4.1.3, Liquorix kernel 4.18-13, Audacity 2.3.0
stevepusser

Previous

Return to Offtopic