Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Change terminall background

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
noviceIT

Change terminall background

#1 Post by noviceIT »

Basically i want to put an image in the background of my terminal. How do i learn how to do this?

- For anyone who wants more info that that -

I work with a guy and in the background of his IBM Green screen he has a picture of Macho Man Randy Savage epic right.
It is translucent and amazing.
Well I was wondering if there is anyway that i can achieve this in my Linux terminal.
I run the latest Kali for my distro.
Thank you for reading this far.

cronoik

Re: Change terminall background

#2 Post by cronoik »

Which terminal application do you use?
Have a nice day!

arzgi

#3 Post by arzgi »

noviceIT wrote:Basically i want to put an image in the background of my terminal. How do i learn how to do this?

- For anyone who wants more info that that -

I work with a guy and in the background of his IBM Green screen he has a picture of Macho Man Randy Savage epic right.
It is translucent and amazing.
Well I was wondering if there is anyway that i can achieve this in my Linux terminal.
I run the latest Kali for my distro.
Thank you for reading this far.
Kali is NOT Debian, this is Debian users forum. And if you are going to say, it is based on Debian, so are about 130 other Debian derivatives, and we don't know what changes they have made.

noviceIT

#4 Post by noviceIT »

Type I guess bash if that is what you mean.

And yeah i know that but i just thought i would ask here instead of a hacker forum.

noviceIT

#5 Post by noviceIT »

Now that i think about it a hacker forum would have been the best place for that lol.

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

It does not really matter what the OS is, any way, since it is "off topic", and I am interested some what in this type of thing,....
To start with, the "wanna bee a hacker" needs to learn to give more specific
details,.... Also please note , I do not consider my self a "hacker", all though
I do like to build systems, and make my system be what I want it to be... so
I would consider my self more like a "carpenter", ... but that is another topic.
cronoik wrote:Which terminal application do you use?
Post by noviceIT » 2018-07-31 01:18
Type I guess bash if that is what you mean.
I think cronoik means,...
Which terminal, IE: Xterm, Gnome-terminal, Xfce4-terminal, and so on, there are many,...
Not which shell you use, that does not matter either. I do think before you start chopping away, and "hacking up" your system, you need to learn some basics first, and should at least know for sure what shell you are using.
There are tools available to build and customize a system, on that I find essential is ImageMagick, which is what I use to make my backgrounds, not only for the terminal (in my case xfce4-terminal),... Here is a screen shot ,:
by noviceIT » 2018-07-31 02:14
Now that i think about it a hacker forum would have been the best place for that lol.
Maybe watch Mr.robot as well, :mrgreen: Seriously, most of the so called "hacker forums" are just a bunch of "kiddie scripters" , and you won't learn much more then how to turn your PC into a "boat anchor",... Try doing some searches, and learn how to use some of the basic commands, and tools, so you can really build something use full.

debiman

#7 Post by debiman »

noviceIT wrote:Type I guess bash if that is what you mean.
yep, clearly clueless.
http://dt.iki.fi/stuff/forums/kali-play-demo.png

GarryRicketson

#8 Post by GarryRicketson »

Postby noviceIT » 2018-07-30 23:40
Basically i want to put an image in the background of my terminal. How do i learn how to do this?
Before attempting this, learn how to do some simple searches, then read the information you get when you search for something. You will find the information you need is all ready available, and online.

I do know that the default terminal for kali linux is Gnome, but since the OP does not tell us, to confirm that, and I would not/do not use Gnome, I can not
go into details on

Code: Select all

How to add a background to the gnome terminal
(copy paste into your favourite search engine. )

If the OP gives the specific terminal , some one might be able to help:
Or use keywords :

Code: Select all

How to add a background to <Xterm or your terminal name , IE: Gnome terminal, xfce4-terminal, or any of the many teminals available>
Waht are all the linux terminals avaiable

Upgrading my system,... Terminal : xfce4-terminal: