Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Case-sensitivity check enforced when retrieving data

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
zed02

Case-sensitivity check enforced when retrieving data

#1 Post by zed02 »

I have deployed a dotnet core console application (.Net core 2.0) on linux subsystem (Ubuntu 18.04) running under windows 10. Since the app had to communicate with a mySql server, I also installed a mysql connector for .net (libmysql6.4-cil) on linux. The issue is that retreiving a field requires me to provide exactly the same column name as that in the database. i.e. A case-sensitive check is being enforced here.

This same app works fine on windows environment. i.e. no case-sensitivity related issue is encountered. Though here I am using mysql-connector-net-6.9.7 with MySql 5.6.

It seems like the problem is with libmysql6.4-cil. Any advice on that?

arzgi

Re: Case-sensitivity check enforced when retrieving data

#2 Post by arzgi »

zed02 wrote:I have deployed a dotnet core console application (.Net core 2.0) on linux subsystem (Ubuntu 18.04) running under windows 10. Since the app had to communicate with a mySql server, I also installed a mysql connector for .net (libmysql6.4-cil) on linux. The issue is that retreiving a field requires me to provide exactly the same column name as that in the database. i.e. A case-sensitive check is being enforced here.

This same app works fine on windows environment. i.e. no case-sensitivity related issue is encountered. Though here I am using mysql-connector-net-6.9.7 with MySql 5.6.

It seems like the problem is with libmysql6.4-cil. Any advice on that?
Ubuntu IS NOT Debian.