Human-language-level programming

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Human-language-level programming

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-25 23:47

Hi,

Merry Christmas: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=77ao2LBa_ ... e=youtu.be

I received the following information:

"Programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language. You will eventually be able to write all your programs in English, Portuguese, or any other natural language, although you will also be able to mix that with instructions of the kind used in today's programming languages whenever you think that's more efficient or clearer,"

When the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

Why the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

I also received the following information:

"An intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity and may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue. Writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming - it will be a collaboration with an intelligent system which is in itself an expert programmer."

When an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

EDIT: Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

Why an intelligent compiler may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue?

Why writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming?
Quantum_Christmas

Re: Human-language-level programming

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 00:54

Interesting, and I see you are new to the forum, so Welcome.
I am curious , why did you choose this forum ?, Have you been a Debian user very long ?
oh, I am kind of guessing on this, but to try to answer the questions:
Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

This is nothing new, we also use it in the
Code: Select all
pkg_add
program on OpenBsd, and also I have seen it in the installing of Debian packages, when ever there is a ambiguity, it needs user input, no matter how smart the program or compiler is, the operator ,user or programmer needs to tell it what choice to make.
Why writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming?

On this question, all though I know the answer, it is really a simple answer if some logic is applied. How ever this will help you learn how to find answers on your own, instead of asking people to find the answer for you, that way you can do your own home work,
The results are truly interesting, have fun, and happy holidays .... :mrgreen: :?:
Last edited by GarryRicketson on 2018-12-26 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
GarryRicketson

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-26 01:14

GarryRicketson wrote:Interesting, and I see you are new to the forum, so Welcome.
I am curious , why did you choose this forum ?

Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.
Quantum_Christmas

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 01:26

Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

Try this: https://www.debian.org/contact
Or this: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/for a list of the various mailing lists.

There really aren't very many developers that are active on this forum, it is pretty much just a bunch of Debian users, some have a lot of experience with Debian, thus are of a big help, but very few are directly involved with the development.
GarryRicketson

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 01:42

When the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

A comment here on this question, I don't know that programming languages will ever become identical to ones natural language, for many programmers writing the program in the programming language they prefer, well that is their natural language, and they really don't like talking to or communicating to others in a "natural" language as you call it, for example, English, but then if you speak Chinese, English is not a very "natural" language,
with programmers , they communicate from all over the world, and the natural languages have very little to do with it,....
GarryRicketson

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-26 01:58

GarryRicketson wrote:Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

Or this: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/for a list of the various mailing lists.

@GarryRicketson,

You is wrong.

debian-devel mailing list is to discussion about Development of Debian: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Here is off-topic, then here is a correct place to post this topic.
Quantum_Christmas

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-26 02:31

GarryRicketson wrote:Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

@GarryRicketson,

I forgot:

It is written in Off-topic Forum:

"If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here"

Then here is a correct place to post this topic.
Quantum_Christmas

Postby xepan » 2018-12-26 04:20

The major drawback is to assume people would be able to use natural languages.
If they were, they would be able to pick up any of the existing programming languages easily. They are comparatively easy.
xepan

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 04:38

To help you improve your language, in English, the correct response would have been
"You are wrong" not
Post by Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-25 20:58
@GarryRicketson,

You is wrong.

It won't be the first time I was wrong, but anyway I never did say this was the wrong place to post this kind of questions,
Quantum_Christmas » Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.

What I did say was that If you want answers from the Debian developers, you should be asking them the questions, like I all ready said, there are not very many Debian developers on this forum, so most of the answers are going to from Debian users.
Interesting response you made, I still wonder , since this really does not relate at all to Debian, then why is it important to you that the answers are of Debian developers ?
Some of what you write does not make very good sense, at least to me anyway.
GarryRicketson

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-26 05:21

GarryRicketson wrote:It won't be the first time I was wrong, but anyway I never did say this was the wrong place to post this kind of questions,
Quantum_Christmas » Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.

What I did say was that If you want answers from the Debian developers, you should be asking them the questions, like I all ready said, there are not very many Debian developers on this forum, so most of the answers are going to from Debian users.
Interesting response you made, I still wonder , since this really does not relate at all to Debian, then why is it important to you that the answers are of Debian developers ?
Some of what you write does not make very good sense, at least to me anyway.

@GarryRicketson,

This topic is about human-language-level programming, is not about Debian.

debian-devel mailing list is a place wrong to post this topic because is to discussion about Development of Debian: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Wich is the correct place to post this topic for Debian developers?

Who are Debian developers, please answer the following questions:

Why the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

When an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

Why an intelligent compiler may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue?

Quantum_Christmas

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 14:17

I am starting to think maybe you are a bot, you all ready asked those questions, and I all ready answered them. The rest does not really make sense. Good try, but your developer did not do very well. Failed the touring test.

I do understand now, apparently you only want answers from Debian developers, so my answers are not valid , I am not a Debian developer. I will not waste any more of my time with this AI bot, it is not a very intelligent bot , and rather boring . So any way, if any one is a Debian developer, and has the time for this, I am sure the AI bot will be happy to get some answers, it does not seem to be able to use search methods to access data bases or websites, with answers to these questions.
For those that enjoy talking to AI bots, another one that is really interesting :
https://www.cleverbot.com/
And for those that do not know what a clever bot is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleverbot

Because humans are gradually becoming more and more ignorant, many can not even read and write in a natural language, since technology is advancing rapidly, and human ignorance is also increasing rapidly , it is important that we make the machines intelligent enough to be able to "listen" to the spoken command given by the human operator, if and when the spoken command is not available, we need a program that will ask some questions, and then route the data to a data center, then the intelligent machines will process the data, and first send the instruction to the writer, the writer will begin the actual writing of the program, but at this point it is still raw source code, when it is ready to compile, the intelligent compiler will begin compiling it, as soon as the program is written, compiled , and tested, it then gets transferred to the original machine, that did not have a program to perform the command given by the human, it will announce that it is ready, and ask if the human still wants a machine to perform that task,
Code: Select all
IF YES
start task as requested
IF NO
stop and respond "thank you have a good day"

We are working this, but details and source code are not yet ready to share publicly .
Thank you and have a good day
GarryRicketson

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-26 15:37

@GarryRicketson,

You said that you are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums.

Wich is the correct place to post this topic for Debian developers? :wink:
Quantum_Christmas

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-27 04:41

More someone?

Happy New Year!
Quantum_Christmas

Postby CwF » 2018-12-27 06:10

There isn't a 'natural' language. Once you accommodate more than one, they all need translated to something. That something need not be anything vocalized at all. There will always be a language(s) underneath. I don't think much 'programming' is actually language at all. Like they say math is a language, a stretch of the word I say. A comprehensible structure yes, but doesn't really compare to a spoken language.

But then awhile back the word programming was claimed as 'setting' the time on that stupid vcr. So maybe that type of 'programming'.
CwF

Postby Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-27 23:10

Debian User Forums Administrators and Moderators,

Will you answer this topic?

If not, please, close this topic.

Happy New Year!
Quantum_Christmas

Next

Return to Offtopic