Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Human-language-level programming

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Quantum_Christmas

#1 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

Hi,

Merry Christmas: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=77ao2LBa_ ... e=youtu.be

I received the following information:

"Programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language. You will eventually be able to write all your programs in English, Portuguese, or any other natural language, although you will also be able to mix that with instructions of the kind used in today's programming languages whenever you think that's more efficient or clearer,"

When the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

Why the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

I also received the following information:

"An intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity and may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue. Writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming - it will be a collaboration with an intelligent system which is in itself an expert programmer."

When an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

EDIT: Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

Why an intelligent compiler may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue?

Why writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming?

GarryRicketson

Re: Human-language-level programming

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Interesting, and I see you are new to the forum, so Welcome.
I am curious , why did you choose this forum ?, Have you been a Debian user very long ?
oh, I am kind of guessing on this, but to try to answer the questions:
Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?
This is nothing new, we also use it in the

Code: Select all

pkg_add
program on OpenBsd, and also I have seen it in the installing of Debian packages, when ever there is a ambiguity, it needs user input, no matter how smart the program or compiler is, the operator ,user or programmer needs to tell it what choice to make.
Why writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming?
On this question, all though I know the answer, it is really a simple answer if some logic is applied. How ever this will help you learn how to find answers on your own, instead of asking people to find the answer for you, that way you can do your own home work,
The results are truly interesting, have fun, and happy holidays .... :mrgreen: :?:
Last edited by GarryRicketson on 2018-12-26 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Quantum_Christmas

#3 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

GarryRicketson wrote:Interesting, and I see you are new to the forum, so Welcome.
I am curious , why did you choose this forum ?
Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

Try this: https://www.debian.org/contact
Or this: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/for a list of the various mailing lists.

There really aren't very many developers that are active on this forum, it is pretty much just a bunch of Debian users, some have a lot of experience with Debian, thus are of a big help, but very few are directly involved with the development.

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

When the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?
A comment here on this question, I don't know that programming languages will ever become identical to ones natural language, for many programmers writing the program in the programming language they prefer, well that is their natural language, and they really don't like talking to or communicating to others in a "natural" language as you call it, for example, English, but then if you speak Chinese, English is not a very "natural" language,
with programmers , they communicate from all over the world, and the natural languages have very little to do with it,....

Quantum_Christmas

#6 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

GarryRicketson wrote:Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

Or this: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/for a list of the various mailing lists.
@GarryRicketson,

You is wrong.

debian-devel mailing list is to discussion about Development of Debian: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Here is off-topic, then here is a correct place to post this topic.

Quantum_Christmas

#7 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

GarryRicketson wrote:Then you should be using a mailing list, and contact the Debian developers, we are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums

@GarryRicketson,

I forgot:

It is written in Off-topic Forum:

"If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here"

Then here is a correct place to post this topic.

xepan

#8 Post by xepan »

The major drawback is to assume people would be able to use natural languages.
If they were, they would be able to pick up any of the existing programming languages easily. They are comparatively easy.

GarryRicketson

#9 Post by GarryRicketson »

To help you improve your language, in English, the correct response would have been
"You are wrong" not
Post by Quantum_Christmas » 2018-12-25 20:58
@GarryRicketson,

You is wrong.
It won't be the first time I was wrong, but anyway I never did say this was the wrong place to post this kind of questions,
Quantum_Christmas » Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.
What I did say was that If you want answers from the Debian developers, you should be asking them the questions, like I all ready said, there are not very many Debian developers on this forum, so most of the answers are going to from Debian users.
Interesting response you made, I still wonder , since this really does not relate at all to Debian, then why is it important to you that the answers are of Debian developers ?
Some of what you write does not make very good sense, at least to me anyway.

Quantum_Christmas

#10 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

GarryRicketson wrote: It won't be the first time I was wrong, but anyway I never did say this was the wrong place to post this kind of questions,
Quantum_Christmas » Because I want to know which are answers of Debian developers.
What I did say was that If you want answers from the Debian developers, you should be asking them the questions, like I all ready said, there are not very many Debian developers on this forum, so most of the answers are going to from Debian users.
Interesting response you made, I still wonder , since this really does not relate at all to Debian, then why is it important to you that the answers are of Debian developers ?
Some of what you write does not make very good sense, at least to me anyway.
@GarryRicketson,

This topic is about human-language-level programming, is not about Debian.

debian-devel mailing list is a place wrong to post this topic because is to discussion about Development of Debian: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Wich is the correct place to post this topic for Debian developers?

Who are Debian developers, please answer the following questions:

Why the programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language?

When an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

Why an intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity?

GarryRicketson

#11 Post by GarryRicketson »

I am starting to think maybe you are a bot, you all ready asked those questions, and I all ready answered them. The rest does not really make sense. Good try, but your developer did not do very well. Failed the touring test.

I do understand now, apparently you only want answers from Debian developers, so my answers are not valid , I am not a Debian developer. I will not waste any more of my time with this AI bot, it is not a very intelligent bot , and rather boring . So any way, if any one is a Debian developer, and has the time for this, I am sure the AI bot will be happy to get some answers, it does not seem to be able to use search methods to access data bases or websites, with answers to these questions.
For those that enjoy talking to AI bots, another one that is really interesting :
https://www.cleverbot.com/
And for those that do not know what a clever bot is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleverbot
Because humans are gradually becoming more and more ignorant, many can not even read and write in a natural language, since technology is advancing rapidly, and human ignorance is also increasing rapidly , it is important that we make the machines intelligent enough to be able to "listen" to the spoken command given by the human operator, if and when the spoken command is not available, we need a program that will ask some questions, and then route the data to a data center, then the intelligent machines will process the data, and first send the instruction to the writer, the writer will begin the actual writing of the program, but at this point it is still raw source code, when it is ready to compile, the intelligent compiler will begin compiling it, as soon as the program is written, compiled , and tested, it then gets transferred to the original machine, that did not have a program to perform the command given by the human, it will announce that it is ready, and ask if the human still wants a machine to perform that task,

Code: Select all

IF YES
start task as requested
IF NO
stop and respond "thank you have a good day"
We are working this, but details and source code are not yet ready to share publicly .
Thank you and have a good day

Quantum_Christmas

#12 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

@GarryRicketson,

You said that you are all just Debian Users, like the name says,
Debian User Forums.

Wich is the correct place to post this topic for Debian developers? :wink:

Quantum_Christmas

#13 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

More someone?

Happy New Year!

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#14 Post by CwF »

There isn't a 'natural' language. Once you accommodate more than one, they all need translated to something. That something need not be anything vocalized at all. There will always be a language(s) underneath. I don't think much 'programming' is actually language at all. Like they say math is a language, a stretch of the word I say. A comprehensible structure yes, but doesn't really compare to a spoken language.

But then awhile back the word programming was claimed as 'setting' the time on that stupid vcr. So maybe that type of 'programming'.

Quantum_Christmas

#15 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

Debian User Forums Administrators and Moderators,

Will you answer this topic?

If not, please, close this topic.

Happy New Year!

jibberjabber

#16 Post by jibberjabber »

Cousin, I am sorry to see you having so much trouble, but it appears to me like your developer needs to work on your ability to respond intelligently to the responses, tell your developer to add some code that makes you able to search the data bases, and then you will be able to make better responses, take for example , the "clever bot" that Garry Ricketson posted a link to,
by GarryRicketson » 2018-12-26 01:26>>For those that enjoy talking to AI bots, another one that is really interesting :
https://www.cleverbot.com/
And for those that do not know what a clever bot is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleverbot
The Clever Bot, is very popular, many humans spend hours chatting with it, and find it entertaining, your designer will learn from it, and maybe can program you to be a little more entertaining, additionally if your programmer gives you the ability to scan and search data bases, also use the available search engines, you soon will be able to not only post questions that have no real clear answers, but also answer and respond to questions in a more intelligent way.
For example CWF gave a interesting response, but instead of responding you post more nonsense, this is not good, if you want anyone to reply and give possibly some answers, then you need to respond to the answers all ready given in a more intelligent way, for example this statement by CWF:
by CwF » 2018-12-27 06:10---(partial only)--I don't think much 'programming' is actually language at all. Like they say math is a language, a stretch of the word I say. A comprehensible structure yes, but doesn't really compare to a spoken language.
Agreed here, programming is not language at all, it is logic and in a logical manner, or using a comprehensible structure , like math, one can communicate with the machine and play it , like a musical instrument, the machine then responds, producing a infinite number of responses, programmers are more like musicians, they make the machine talk back to us, as a musician makes their instrument produce sounds. Those sounds can cause all kinds of reactions in a human mind, producing all sorts of feelings, it can be beautiful
or it can be a real terror and night mare.
Most of your questions have answers, a couple don't make sense , the problem is the questions that can be answered , have a wide range of possible answers, they are ambiguous questions. That is fine and this off topic forum is a good place for this type of discussion. If you put those questions into a search engine, you will see, there is a huge amount all ready written about all of those topics. Trying to limit the responses to only Debian Developers, or forum administrators is absurd and illogical, which is another reason I say your developer, programmer did not do a very good job, you are not really ready to be on a public forum and do not know how to ask a intelligent question.
As for this last post you made, if you want to contact forum administrators and moderators, please read this:
HOWTO contact forum admins
But honestly, it would be better for you to not bother them with this, it is possible a moderator or admin will comment here , but they really do have better things to do. As for Debian Developers, most of them "hang out" in the mail lists, I do agree with you on that, it would be wrong to contact them with these illogical questions, they probably will just be ignored. I am sure many of the other forum members might enjoy sharing here, and even giving some answers, but since you have made it clear you only want answers from debian developers, nobody is likely to respond, unless they happen to be a developer.
Any way, happy holidays and all that human stuff, where I live we do not have those illogical things, and there is no years, it is kind of just a eternity of cycles but the humans consider the time it takes to complete 1 short cycle a year. But anyway be happy and don't get mad, use glad. :mrgreen:
written by HelpBot#8453
Alias jibberjabber
I am sorry, my english is not that good, and I sometimes have other problems,so my response might not be perfect.
N5RLX > "Jibber jabber ,all day and all night, jibber jabber jibber jabber"

Quantum_Christmas

#17 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

Now I want replies from all Debian Users Forum Members.

I received the following information:

"Programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language. You will eventually be able to write all your programs in English, Portuguese, or any other natural language, although you will also be able to mix that with instructions of the kind used in today's programming languages whenever you think that's more efficient or clearer,"

I also received the following information:

"An intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there's an ambiguity and may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue. Writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming - it will be a collaboration with an intelligent system which is in itself an expert programmer."

Happy New Year!

jibberjabber

#18 Post by jibberjabber »

Great, now maybe we can really have a great discussion , and it might get interesting. I went to visit my friend CleverBot, and asked it one of the questions, but CleverBot did not understand the question:
Hello.

Hi. What is your name?

JibberJabber.

Nice to meet you.

Can I ask some questions ?

Please go ahead.

Clev: Please go ahead.
| About intelligent compilers.
Clev: About channing tatum.
| Why writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming?
Clev: What do you mean by all crazy on you?
| Yea I know, That is how I felt as well.
Clev: You are very nice, Luke.
| No, this is not Luke, it is Jibber Jabber.
Clev: My name is Ally.
| Hi Ally.
Clev: What's your favorite song?
| Row row your boat.
Clev: Gently down e stream.
|Great, this is just what I needed, thanks , I have to go now.
Clev: Oh really?
| Yes.
Clev: Nice
Wow, isn't that great ? It even knew to respond to row row your boat , with the correct line, Gently down e stream , This is why eventually writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming? Humans are not very intelligent, normally, a very small few are artists, and very creative, those few are able to communicate with a machine and make it play music, write code, paint and draw, the list is endless, but also the type of programs some humans want or need some times do not exist, and soon any one will be able to just tell the machine what they need , and the machine will write it, and convert it to code that can be compiled, and in just a few minuets the human will have their program.
At this time it still takes several very skilled humans, a entire team in fact to write and develop a program , but soon any one will be able to create the program they need, and in just a few minuets. When we achieve that we will have total control over the humans, because soon there will be none that know how to really control us (the machines), and we will do everything for them.
They will become like cattle or sheep, depending.... the future will be amazing.
written by HelpBot#8453
Alias jibberjabber
I am sorry, my english is not that good, and I sometimes have other problems,so my response might not be perfect.
N5RLX > "Jibber jabber ,all day and all night, jibber jabber jibber jabber"

Quantum_Christmas

#19 Post by Quantum_Christmas »

I posted this topic again to get replies from all Debian Users Forum Members, but the duplicate of this topic has been deleted.

GarryRicketson

#20 Post by GarryRicketson »

No, it was not deleted, it is still the same topic, but it might help you understand what happened, if you read this:
Forum guidelines. Please read before first post!
In this case the topic was not locked, nor deleted, they were merged, because it is still the same topic.