Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

All the news that's fit to print?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Fluenza

All the news that's fit to print?

#1 Post by Fluenza »

Possibly not! InfoWorld Magazine publishes their last print issue and goes web only.

A Farewell to Ink
Visualize, Describe, Direct (VDD)
Common Operational Picture (COP) --> Common Operational Response (COR) --> Common Operational Effect (COE)

hcgtv

#2 Post by hcgtv »

Sad to see InfoWorld give up the print medium, it was the only thing I had to read in the john.
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

Fluenza

#3 Post by Fluenza »

hcgtv wrote:Sad to see InfoWorld give up the print medium, it was the only thing I had to read in the john.
I guess they saw greener pastures in the online world. Sort of makes sense really. When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net? Going the Internet route gives them quicker access to their readers -- and at a reduced cost.

Just like I now see greener pastures, I suppose. Cut your losses, maximize your output, and reap the rewards. Goodbye to the old... In with the renewed. :lol:
Visualize, Describe, Direct (VDD)
Common Operational Picture (COP) --> Common Operational Response (COR) --> Common Operational Effect (COE)

hcgtv

#4 Post by hcgtv »

Fluenza wrote:When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net?
That's true, I mostly read the opinion columns though.

There was a time when I received about 25 magazines at home, all were free due to my years in the IT business. InfoWorld was the last one I was receiving, so it's house and garden for me now.
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

GMouse

#5 Post by GMouse »

hcgtv wrote:
Fluenza wrote:When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net?
That's true, I mostly read the opinion columns though.

There was a time when I received about 25 magazines at home, all were free due to my years in the IT business. InfoWorld was the last one I was receiving, so it's house and garden for me now.
Huzzah for HGTV et al.