Page 1 of 1

All the news that's fit to print?

PostPosted: 2007-04-14 16:58
by Fluenza
Possibly not! InfoWorld Magazine publishes their last print issue and goes web only.

A Farewell to Ink

PostPosted: 2007-04-14 18:24
by hcgtv
Sad to see InfoWorld give up the print medium, it was the only thing I had to read in the john.

PostPosted: 2007-04-14 18:48
by Fluenza
hcgtv wrote:Sad to see InfoWorld give up the print medium, it was the only thing I had to read in the john.


I guess they saw greener pastures in the online world. Sort of makes sense really. When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net? Going the Internet route gives them quicker access to their readers -- and at a reduced cost.

Just like I now see greener pastures, I suppose. Cut your losses, maximize your output, and reap the rewards. Goodbye to the old... In with the renewed. :lol:

PostPosted: 2007-04-14 19:13
by hcgtv
Fluenza wrote:When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net?

That's true, I mostly read the opinion columns though.

There was a time when I received about 25 magazines at home, all were free due to my years in the IT business. InfoWorld was the last one I was receiving, so it's house and garden for me now.

PostPosted: 2007-04-14 20:31
by GMouse
hcgtv wrote:
Fluenza wrote:When was the last time that you flipped through a print periodical and found news that you hadn't already heard on the net?

That's true, I mostly read the opinion columns though.

There was a time when I received about 25 magazines at home, all were free due to my years in the IT business. InfoWorld was the last one I was receiving, so it's house and garden for me now.


Huzzah for HGTV et al.