Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

devuan upgrade error

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
arabianights

devuan upgrade error

#1 Post by arabianights »

hi,

i've run into this error when i tried to upgrade from devuan jessice to ascii a while ago (March 24th):

Code: Select all

root@debian:/home/erdos# apt-get dist-upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these. 
The following packages have unmet dependencies: 
initscripts : Depends: sysv-rc or file-rc but it is not installable libncurses5 
: Depends: libtinfo5 (= 5.9+20140913-1+b1) but 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u1 is installed sysvinit-core 
: Depends: sysv-rc or file-rc but it is not installable sysvinit-utils 
: Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.25~) but 1.24+devuan1.0 is installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
after reboot the system, i can only log into command line, but my home directory is not mounted, wifi is not working.

my laptop is thinkpad t60 with wifi built in.

this seems to be some init messed up when Devuan ascii was still in beta testing, now that ASCII has been released. is there a way to recover the system without reinstallation?

golinux

Re: devuan upgrade error

#2 Post by golinux »

Have you read the ASCII release notes? Are you using deb.devuan.org in your sources.list? This is not really the place for troubleshooting Devuan. Please come to the Devuan forum or irc channels.
May the FORK be with you!