Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Transform a filesystem with FStransform

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Transform a filesystem with FStransform

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

Do you know anything about this software, would considere it a good/trusted one?
https://fedoramagazine.org/transform-fi ... -in-linux/

I have some ntfs partitions I thinking of transform into btrfs ones.

Thanks. :o
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Transform a filesystem with FStransform

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

I have no experience with that particular tool but I lost my first Arch Linux system to a botched ext4 → btrfs conversion so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Just backup your data, reformat the device then restore the backup. It's the only way to be sure.
deadbang

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:I have no experience with that particular tool but I lost my first Arch Linux system to a botched ext4 → btrfs conversion so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Just backup your data, reformat the device then restore the backup. It's the only way to be sure.
Hi Head,

I tested it with a test small ntfs partition, and there wasnt any trouble.. I dont have enought free space in my laptop for making a backup apart, So I think I will take that risk.. :? ..
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

Ok, I did it with success, thought It took to convert it around 1' and 50'', just 20Gbytes or so. It's a nice tool if you're in a hurry.

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

Ive got another one partition done, ntfs to btrfs with success..

Nice tool. :o