Transform a filesystem with FStransform

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Transform a filesystem with FStransform

Postby bester69 » 2019-01-17 07:09

Hi,

Do you know anything about this software, would considere it a good/trusted one?
https://fedoramagazine.org/transform-fi ... -in-linux/

I have some ntfs partitions I thinking of transform into btrfs ones.

Thanks. :o
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: Transform a filesystem with FStransform

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-01-17 07:43

I have no experience with that particular tool but I lost my first Arch Linux system to a botched ext4 → btrfs conversion so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Just backup your data, reformat the device then restore the backup. It's the only way to be sure.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt." — Bertrand Russell
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby bester69 » 2019-01-17 11:38

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:I have no experience with that particular tool but I lost my first Arch Linux system to a botched ext4 → btrfs conversion so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Just backup your data, reformat the device then restore the backup. It's the only way to be sure.

Hi Head,

I tested it with a test small ntfs partition, and there wasnt any trouble.. I dont have enought free space in my laptop for making a backup apart, So I think I will take that risk.. :? ..
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2019-01-17 14:05

Ok, I did it with success, thought It took to convert it around 1' and 50'', just 20Gbytes or so. It's a nice tool if you're in a hurry.
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2019-01-19 13:51

Ive got another one partition done, ntfs to btrfs with success..

Nice tool. :o
bester69

Return to Offtopic