Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Music player

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
debiandonder

Re: Music player

#31 Post by debiandonder »

I tried Cantata and many other music player and the biggest problem was the the didn't put the music of one cd in one folder like they should.

Amarok works most of the time, but have also placed two cd's from different artists in one folder.

I loved the interface of Clementine but it split up one cd and put it in many places and not even in the Music folder.

bester69

#32 Post by bester69 »

debiandonder wrote:I tried Cantata and many other music player and the biggest problem was the the didn't put the music of one cd in one folder like they should.

Amarok works most of the time, but have also placed two cd's from different artists in one folder.

I loved the interface of Clementine but it split up one cd and put it in many places and not even in the Music folder.
ok, but Clementine didnt die five years ago ?..
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

stevepusser

#33 Post by stevepusser »

Debian has newer builds of pulls from Clementine git upstream...
There's also an active Clementine fork called Strawberry, which is in my stretch-multimedia OBS repo. https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... strawberry
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#34 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:Debian has newer builds of pulls from Clementine git upstream...
There's also an active Clementine fork called Strawberry, which is in my stretch-multimedia OBS repo. https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... strawberry
what I think most of us matters, that are stream music services plugins, are still being mantained anywhere?, I see..last update was 19 Apr 2016
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

stevepusser

#35 Post by stevepusser »

Net plugins for Clementine have had some updates to the code since then: https://github.com/clementine-player/Cl ... c/internet
MX Linux packager and developer

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#36 Post by sunrat »

debiandonder wrote:I tried Cantata and many other music player and the biggest problem was the the didn't put the music of one cd in one folder like they should.

After floating around in this thread for 3 pages and a month, I think I finally understand that your problem is not the music player, but tags! If you want an album to show up as a single listing, the AlbumArtist and Album tags need to be the same. Use a dedicated tagging program such as Easytag (which is what I use) to edit the album tracks to have consistent names and they should show as as a single album.
It comes down to the player as well. In Amarok there are options to sort by Artist or AlbumArtist so if you have an album of say, Various Artists - Summer Chill Tracks and have it sorted by artist, you will get multiple album entries with say, DJ Fred (featuring Joe Bloggs) and another one with say DJ Vinjari , they will show as separate entries. If you have all tracks tagged as AlbumArtist - Various Artists - Summer Chill Tracks and have it displaying AlbumArtist, they should all appear under one entry for that album.
I've obsessively grappled with this stuff for years and every player does it differently. Many players such as DeadBeef are able to edit the tags manually but I find a dedicated tagger program is usually easier or better. Easytag can look up CDDB database and find entries for automatic tagging although these often need further editing anyway.
So sort out you tags and your players will sort out themselves! :wink:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

debiandonder

#37 Post by debiandonder »

How do I get easytag? Windows Media player identified every album without fail, until Windows 7 stopped working and I switched to Ubuntu and used Rhythmbox that worked most of the time and if it didn't I just typed in the details myself.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#38 Post by sunrat »

debiandonder wrote:How do I get easytag?
Do you know how to install a package from the repos? It's there. :|
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

debiandonder

#39 Post by debiandonder »

sunrat wrote:
debiandonder wrote:How do I get easytag?
Do you know how to install a package from the repos? It's there. :|
Yes, thanks! Found it in synaptic package manager. Did have to do all of this in Ubuntu though.