Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Why do people give up , instead of provideing details

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why do people give up , instead of provideing details

#46 Post by sunrat »

phenest wrote:Here could be one example of why people give up, and I think it's already been touched upon, is that while we're having this intelligent banter, we are no longer talking about the threads topic any more.
Nice one. You were wrong so change the subject instead of learning from it. :mrgreen:

The thread's initial topic ran its course 3 months ago.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

golinux

#47 Post by golinux »

phenest wrote:My own experience of peoples behaviour and reactions, is they cannot seem to follow simple instructions. Selective reading (if that's such a thing)? Boredom? Frustration at their own inability? Unable to articulate (that's one I can struggle with)?
It's a sign of the times and it looks like it's all downhill from here.

Perhaps you missed this thread. Moglen's stunning assessment of what's happening to human cognitive ability is evident everywhere you look. tl;dr has become the norm. Or variants: tl;dl (too long;didnt listen) or tl;dt (too long; didn't think).
May the FORK be with you!

golinux

#48 Post by golinux »

I thought this thread was resurrected as an homage to Garry who is so missed around here and content was irrelevant.
May the FORK be with you!