Dual boot?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Postby rduke » 2007-04-19 15:08

Wow, I'm even more impressed. I thought it was (nearly) impossible to put OSX onto anything but Mac hardware. Cool.

Well, the intel macs are nothing more than ordinary pcs. Apple has put roadblocks to try to make it so you can't run OSX on an ordinary dual intel machine but, of course, they have been well hacked by now. I got the howto info from http://www.osx86project.org/

I don't actually use OSX except to impress my snobby mac friends that their "superior" hardware is, in fact, rather ordinary. This effort has been largely unsuccessful. In general, Mac users tend to be more ignorant of computer/os issues even than windows people. After all, who can admit that they paid a premium for nada. You have to admit that Apple Corp. is a genius marketer.
rduke

Postby hcgtv » 2007-04-19 15:17

rduke wrote:I don't actually use OSX except to impress my snobby mac friends that their "superior" hardware is, in fact, rather ordinary.

As it stands now, I don't really lust for a Mac as I did when the G5's came out.

On the dual boot, I just have WinXP and Debian Etch on my laptop. There was a time I had Win98, OpenBSD, BeOS and Red Hat on a Sony Vaio, had a lot of fun back then.
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard
hcgtv

Previous

Return to Offtopic