Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LXQt

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
debiandonder

LXQt

#1 Post by debiandonder »

How do I install LXQt on Lubuntu 18.04 without messing up the system?

debiandonder

Re: LXQt

#2 Post by debiandonder »

I am still waiting for the registration email to come and Ubuntu forum website is not so easy to navigate then this one.

I am on Lubuntu because Debian 9 froze last Saturday morning and disappeared for good, with only a black screen and some message about unidentified file system.

The Lubuntu I use now use LXDE and I would want to try LXQt, but without messing up the system. Does "lubuntu-qt-desktop" sound right? It's in Synaptic.

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Post by debiandonder » 2019-04-02 12:15
I am still waiting for the registration email to come and Ubuntu forum website is not so easy to navigate then this one.
But that is not a valid excuse, Debian is NOT Ubuntu, nor Lubuntu, and Debian User Forums is not the place for questions about them.

Use some simple logic, something you seem to be missing , On any systen, OS, or Distro, the same rule applies,:
Post by debiandonder » 2019-04-02 12:02
How do I install LXQt on Lubuntu 18.04 without messing up the system?
Make a good backup that you can use to restore the system , when you mess it up.
===========
I am on Lubuntu because Debian 9 froze last Saturday morning and disappeared for good, with only a black screen and some message about unidentified file system.

We don't care what other distro you are using, if it is not Debian, it does not belong here.
Why did you not make a good back up for your Debian system, before it froze ? Lazy or what sorry excuse, but if you had made a back up, it would not have "disappeared"
You are a troll at it's worst, I have seen you other posts, you seem to delight in telling us how Debian is not good enough for you, and how you think Ubuntu or Lubuntu will be better. as you can see, due to your inability to read and follow instructions, do searches, and think logically. even Ubuntu and lubuntu are not working either. Maybe just stuck with windows.
If you want to try to solve you rproblems with Debian, then forget about the other distros and concentrate on Debian, this is Debian User Forums and that is what it is for.
=== side note==
Apology to admins and mods, in my report I said I have no kind words, so that is why I was just reporting the post as off topic, not about Debian. But I changed my mind, I decided to speak out what is on my mind.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#4 Post by arochester »

Whether this site is easier to navigate is not the question.

Nothing seems to annoy the people on this site more than being asked questions about *buntu.

Please ask Ubuntu

https://ubuntuforums.org
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu
https://askubuntu.com

Thread locked.