Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Innovate

Re: Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

#31 Post by Innovate »

stevepusser wrote:Usually multiple packages from one source are handled by the control file plus multiple .install files, like foo.install, libfoo.install, libfoo-dev.install, libfoo-doc.install, etc., where you list what files go in which package and where they are installed. But doing that from scratch can be a rather involved and tedious process, which is why backporting, or using a previous version as a template, is much easier.
Exactly, That's what I tried to explain to them but they're too ignorant to understand or perhaps they're just hating my guts & double standard picky on messenger that they like. Like only respect your deliver but hostile to mine even we deliver the same message warning.
Even if I'm your blacksmith package apprentice they're still looking down on me because I'm "nobody".
I guess there's only you who can witness what I'm doing. At least many packages I made can fill your Debian & MX packaging database.
That why I didn't report new packages lately because you can peak at my repo & check at "changed".

checkinstall disappearance from buster channel & nobody mention it. Perhaps I should leave it missing without telling anyone...
instead of reviving it on obs repo... maybe it might coming back like synaptic or maybe not...

stevepusser

Re: Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

#32 Post by stevepusser »

Innovate wrote:
stevepusser wrote:Usually multiple packages from one source are handled by the control file plus multiple .install files, like foo.install, libfoo.install, libfoo-dev.install, libfoo-doc.install, etc., where you list what files go in which package and where they are installed. But doing that from scratch can be a rather involved and tedious process, which is why backporting, or using a previous version as a template, is much easier.
Exactly, That's what I tried to explain to them but they're too ignorant to understand or perhaps they're just hating my guts & double standard picky on messenger that they like. Like only respect your deliver but hostile to mine even we deliver the same message warning.
Even if I'm your blacksmith package apprentice they're still looking down on me because I'm "nobody".
I guess there's only you who can witness what I'm doing. At least many packages I made can fill your Debian & MX packaging database.
That why I didn't report new packages lately because you can peak at my repo & check at "changed".

checkinstall disappearance from buster channel & nobody mention it. Perhaps I should leave it missing without telling anyone...
instead of reviving it on obs repo... maybe it might coming back like synaptic or maybe not...
Could you provide a link to your OBS repo?
MX Linux packager and developer