AmigaOS 4.0 - The coolest OS in the world?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

AmigaOS 4.0 - The coolest OS in the world?

Postby thamarok » 2007-04-24 19:44

http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/
Image

I have to admit that the user interface is shocking cool! The Amiga Workbench has been improved a lot since 3.9 and there is much software available for it. It now runs natively on PowerPC hardware which makes it atleast 50 times faster than a m68k!

If I could get my Linux to look like that and have the same icons, all my wishes would come true :P

PS: I do know about AmiWM, but it makes Linux to look like AmigaOS 3.9; The difference between OS3.9 and OS4.0 is a really big difference..
thamarok
 

Postby newmarket » 2007-04-24 23:41

Well, it really does look nice, but what is it for?

BTW - will it run under QEMU.... I might have to give it a try later.

I went to have a look for an installation iso, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can you point me in that direction?
newmarket
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 2006-05-08 05:36
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Bulkley » 2007-04-24 23:49

AmigaOS 4.0 - The coolest OS in the world?


No.
Bulkley
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: 2006-02-11 18:35

Postby DeanLinkous » 2007-04-25 02:26

does the media player have visualizations?
User avatar
DeanLinkous
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: 2006-06-04 15:28

Postby Jackiebrown » 2007-04-25 02:40

newmarket wrote:Well, it really does look nice, but what is it for?

BTW - will it run under QEMU.... I might have to give it a try later.

I went to have a look for an installation iso, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can you point me in that direction?


good luck

http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Looks like it is only for the power pc.
User avatar
Jackiebrown
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: 2007-01-02 04:46
Location: San Antonio, TX

Postby newmarket » 2007-04-25 04:08

Jackiebrown wrote:good luck

http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Looks like it is only for the power pc.


Thanks, but isn't that link for libcurl?? Or am I missing something.
newmarket
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 2006-05-08 05:36
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Dargor » 2007-04-25 04:20

DeanLinkous wrote:does the media player have visualizations?
lol, pwned.
User avatar
Dargor
 
Posts: 671
Joined: 2006-08-14 08:54
Location: New Zealand, Hamilton

Postby thamarok » 2007-04-25 08:09

Dargor wrote:
DeanLinkous wrote:does the media player have visualizations?
lol, pwned.
Yes it does! Just tried it out! DvPlayer and AmigaAMP do have visualizations!

I think only the m68k version will run under UAE, for the PPC version you might need PearPC or something else atleast it doesn't work here on QEMU.
Oh and it is commercial, not free like Linux.. I bought it from a local Amiga handler (Gentle Eye)
thamarok
 

Postby Jackiebrown » 2007-04-25 12:19

newmarket wrote:
Jackiebrown wrote:good luck

http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Looks like it is only for the power pc.


Thanks, but isn't that link for libcurl?? Or am I missing something.


Yeah, but who doesn't want curl? (I am backpeddling here)
User avatar
Jackiebrown
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: 2007-01-02 04:46
Location: San Antonio, TX


Return to Offtopic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

fashionable