Whassup????

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Whassup????

Postby millpond » 2019-10-13 21:24

I've been a bit busy lately, transitioning between Linux and Win, often for weeks at a time. Each has its advantages for particular projects I am on.

I havent really been paying much attention to Debian lately, and as a matter of policy here, have all unattended updates disabled. I update selectively from synaptic and have had only minor issues with my highly personalized configuration.

So it came as a bit of a surprise to find that the reason for the lack of 'upgradable' packages was an ignored error I was overlooking about not updating some obscure file to take Buster from 'testing' to 'stable'.

I am wondering what other changes there have been since the 'original' Buster. I see libc has been updated to v29.

This is an ancient C2D (by choice) and I am also concerned of any 'updates' trying to deprecate older hardware. Like Stretch did on my 32 bit system with mesa video drivers.

So the main question is: Whats new?

Anything in particular to catch up on?
millpond

Re: Whassup????

Postby millpond » 2019-10-14 21:14

Thanks for the links.

Doesnt seem like much difference, though dont really like Apparmor being a 'requirement' as I have it disabled. So far all seems to be working, but havent gone through much.

Is there any scuttlebut 'gotchas' I should watch out for?
millpond

Re: Whassup????

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-10-15 17:19

millpond wrote:Is there any scuttlebut 'gotchas' I should watch out for?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=142973 seems to be catching out the hoi polloi.
Don't break DebianHow to report bugs

SharpBang GNU/Linux — a pre-configured Openbox/Tint2 desktop running on Debian stable
Head_on_a_Stick

Return to Offtopic