[resolved] Anbody here use Grisbi

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

[resolved] Anbody here use Grisbi

Postby ticojohn » 2019-11-22 20:30

I recently upgraded to Buster and of course Grisbi got updated. I HATE IT. It appears to have been designed for use on a widescreen (16:9) format and I have a standard (4:3) monitor. When I open a file the right side of the window is truncated and I have to go through all kinds of contortions to see the account information. I have tried to change the configuration settings but to no avail. I have gone so far as to see if I could load the old version from Stretch but have NOT done so as I don't want to create a FrankenDebian system.

Is anybody else seeing similar problems? I am almost tempted to reinstall Stretch. ARGGHHHH
Last edited by ticojohn on 2019-12-02 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.
ticojohn

Re: Anbody here use Grisbi

Postby trinidad » 2019-11-22 21:47

Are you using a default X11 system? Also I would check the package dependencies.

https://packages.debian.org/buster/grisbi

TC
You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.
trinidad

Postby ticojohn » 2019-11-26 19:53

trinidad wrote:Are you using a default X11 system? Also I would check the package dependencies.

https://packages.debian.org/buster/grisbi

TC
Yes, I am using X11. And I did a cursory view of the dependencies and all seems well. Can't imagine other wise as I installed using Synaptic.

UPDATE: I just installed Grisbi on my Intel NUC which is attached to a widescreen TV. I get the same results. I am using the XFCE DE on both the NUC and my desktop. I wonder if the results would be different if I were using Gnome or KDE. I'm not changing the DE, just wondering.
ticojohn

Postby ticojohn » 2019-11-28 13:13

I have notified the Grisbi developers about my issues. Hope to find a resolution. Will post any significant information for those that may be interested.
ticojohn

Postby ticojohn » 2019-12-02 17:33

After two weeks of being totally annoyed with the latest version of Grisbi I decided to turn to Dr. FrankenDebian. I now have the previous version of Grisbi running flawlessly. I know the rule: don't create a FrankenDebian. I am NOT recommending that anyone else do it, but I just reached my limit of annoyance and felt I had to take action to protect what little sanity I had remaining.
ticojohn

Return to Offtopic