Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I'm a new debian user.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
PM

I'm a new debian user.

#1 Post by PM »

Hi everybody !

I'm a new debian user and new to this forum :D

I am now downloading debian and will burn the 3 iso's on three dvd's.

I'm migrating from Fedora 6, so whish me luck !

Thanks ! :D

DeanLinkous

#2 Post by DeanLinkous »

I wish you luck

thamarok

#3 Post by thamarok »

Best of luck to you friend! Hope to hear (your problems with Debian) soon! :lol:
I know I shouldn't drink 3 Red Bull's a day ;)

DeanLinkous

#4 Post by DeanLinkous »

thamarok wrote:Hope to hear (your problems with Debian) soon!
Strange, it has been a day or two and we haven't heard another one of thamaroks.....yet. :D

thamarok

#5 Post by thamarok »

DeanLinkous wrote:Strange, it has been a day or two and we haven't heard another one of thamaroks.....yet. :D
You should shut your mouth while you can, or I will execute rm -rf / :twisted:

ghostdawg

#6 Post by ghostdawg »

Good luck, you will enjoy debian alot...

I thought all forums were for people to discuss their problems with whatever OS they're using?

But we do hear the good stories too.
Tower | Debian Testing & Mageia 1 | HP DX5150 AMD64 | 512gb | 40gb
AAO | Mandriva 2010.2 | Intel Atom | 1gb | 160gb
Mini Mac G4 | Debian & OSX | 1gb | 60gb

Qew

#7 Post by Qew »

I hope PM doesn't mind my jumping in, but I might as well say a "hi" to this forum as well here (saves cluttering up the forum with clone topics ;) ).

Like PM, I'm new to Debian, but not really new to Linux. I've run Linux back in 2002 running Mandrake 8.2, continuing with that distro till its 2006 release. I then moved to Xubuntu Dapper last year, and ran that till last Wednesday, when I decided that curiosity was too tempting to put off and that if I was going to do a reinstall, I might as well make it the last one. ;)

I've been quite happy with Debian so far, and using past experience, Google, newsgroups, this forum, IRC and other places, have got myself around a bit of the the configuration required. The Etch install disc certainly makes it easy to install, which allows the Debian novice to spend more time setting up the machine to his or her taste. :)