Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to install anything - apt-get install systemd broken

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
jacky1980

Re: Unable to install anything - apt-get install systemd bro

#21 Post by jacky1980 »

kedaha wrote: Looks like the wrong architecture for a raspberry pi if you ask me.
Maybe this will help: how-do-i-remove-all-i386-architecture-packages-from-my-debian-installation
It's an emulated environment for the i386 architecture. The x86 packages are correct (see screenshot) https://i.imgur.com/cgtX1UJ.jpg . I specifically want to be able to run x86 applications otherwise not supported on the ARM architecture.

kedaha

#22 Post by kedaha »

Exagear isn't a proper forum topic for discussion here because it's a third-party setup, not official Debian.
It's outside my field so all I can suggest is that you search for, and try options to try and solve the issue of "unmet dependencies." See for instance what-is-the-step-by-step-procedure-to-fix-the-the-following-packages-have-unmet-dependences.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

jacky1980

#23 Post by jacky1980 »

Okay, thank you for your help. I think I learned a lot through this process.

I will try purging systemd and init using

Code: Select all

apt purge systemd