Virtual machine

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Virtual machine

Postby lorigrimes » 2020-01-16 08:54

How do you create a virtual machine with only a cellphone?
OR
Can I use either Ubundu or Debian to create a virtual machine in the cloud with only a cellphone as an interface?
lorigrimes

Re: Virtual machine

Postby neuraleskimo » 2020-01-17 15:36

lorigrimes wrote:How do you create a virtual machine with only a cellphone?

On a smartphone? I would say no, but never say never.
lorigrimes wrote:Can I use either Ubundu or Debian to create a virtual machine in the cloud with only a cellphone as an interface?

Probably. I have used my iPhone to monitor VMs in AWS, so I am sure one could launch VMs. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
neuraleskimo

Postby jeffmax » 2020-01-21 12:45

Well I don't have any experience regarding DEBIAN or Ubuntu to create virtual machine but I must say that you can use VIRTUAL machine using Virtual box on android, Linux or macOS :D
jeffmax

Postby reinob » 2020-01-21 13:06

lorigrimes wrote:How do you create a virtual machine with only a cellphone?

With Android, you could e.g. use https://github.com/xeffyr/alpine-term
(it's the evolution of termux).

You can probably run qemu directly (no KVM though). Even the Nokia N900 could do this 10 years ago :)

OR
Can I use either Ubundu or Debian to create a virtual machine in the cloud with only a cellphone as an interface?

You can use a cellphone (hopefully you mean smartphone) to ssh into any server, whether "in the cloud" or at home, and irrespective of the operating system (as long as it provides a ssh server).

You may want to rephrase your question(s) more precisely though..
reinob

Postby lorigrimes » 2020-01-23 13:35

Ok.
I just found out about Anbox Cloud which runs Android on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS kernel.
This may be what I am looking for.
The article talks about streaming programs and apps from the cloud to your smartphone rather than needing to load them physically on the device, thus creating the potential availability for limitless program/applications.
Am I correct in understanding this would free up the device's RAM to devote to processing rather than memory?
lorigrimes

Return to Offtopic