Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How does Lxqt stack up?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Deb-fan

How does Lxqt stack up?

#1 Post by Deb-fan »

Just wondering what people's findings on it are. Care to share your impressions, some stats for it? Anyone laid eyes upon the thing and thought where have you been all my life? Want to go on long walks on da beach with it? My net access is limited so I must live precariously through you guys. :) Popped into head and am curious, what do you people think?
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *

MALsPa

Re: How does Lxqt stack up?

#2 Post by MALsPa »

LXQt seems ok to me. Nice option for older, low-spec hardware. I go with Openbox as the window manager. I was messing around with LXDE in the past; now I have LXQt in a couple of installations, one Arch and one Debian. pcmanfm-qt, qterminal, and lximage-qt all seem to be good apps. I've seen a few things that could use some polishing up, but I find LXQt to be perfectly usable. Here's a review that kinda sums things up -- I think I'd agree with everything here: https://linuxreviews.org/LXQt