Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

MX NoFrills Release Inbound (Photos)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
stevepusser

Re: MX NoFrills Release Inbound (Photos)

#16 Post by stevepusser »

How are you getting 650 MB RAM use from MX 19.1, anyway? I was just using a basic 64-bit install on my older Acer laptop, and it boots up at about 500 MB usage--this is with some extra xfce taskbar widgets running, too, such as the hardware monitor plugin to watch memory use plus network IO, Thunar opened, and Conky toggled off. Others report around 450 MB for MX 19.1 64-bit as default.
MX Linux packager and developer

golinux

#17 Post by golinux »

thmtrxhsu wrote:
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:See also CROWZ and STAR, both Devuan-based with openbox desktops, both ~500MiB images and both running at >100MiB RAM.
I guarantee I could out-due [sic] both those distros you pointed to by any measure; they look amateurish.
Tell that to Distrowatch. :lol:
May the FORK be with you!

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Post by sunrat »

No post from OP for 4 days now. Maybe they ordered a box of humility online and is waiting for delivery. :|
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!