Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Survey on package freshness.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
LinuxFreshness

Survey on package freshness.

#1 Post by LinuxFreshness »

Hello everyone,

I am a researcher and would like to solicit participation in a quick survey, estimated to take 5 minutes. The survey is anonymous, unless you desire to leave us an email address for eventual follow-up questions (this is unlikely), or to be notified of results (several respondents have already made this request).

As the title of this thread indicates, the survey pertains to the freshness of packages, and the perception of package freshness amongst users. "Package freshness" is the notion of a package within a distribution being up to date with the latest release from the package maintainers.

We welcome answers from users of any level of familiarity and experience with Linux and from users who regularly switch between different distributions to users that stuck to the same distribution for years on end, although after the first question, we ask that you answer based on whichever distribution you consider to be your "principal" distribution.

Link to the survey.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

This post has been cleared with the moderators.

RU55EL

Re: Survey on package freshness.

#2 Post by RU55EL »

I prefer Debian stable, freshness is not a factor for me. Reliability is much more important in my opinion.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Survey on package freshness.

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Is it possible to make a version of the survey that doesn't require javascript? You seem like a nice person but I really don't want to run your code on my machine.
deadbang