My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby bester69 » 2020-06-07 01:24

Hi,

This is funny, I started to have issues with dots screen color and whole laptop's screen from time to time became a mess eventually...
at first I was able to fixed it by moving fordward and backward tap screen..then I gave into this workaround solution: Ijust to swithing resolution two times back, and fixed it.:

Fix_pixels.sh
Code: Select all
xrandr -s 1024x768
sleep 1
xrandr -s 1280x800
xbacklight -set 10
xgamma -gamma .95


I was sure, this issue was going to getting worse becouse it clearly was a hardware issue.. but after four years dealing with this hardware issue and afraid one day it would not fix it back... now..after one year or so, Ive realised it has stopped aparently and definitly the screen issue..
who could imagine hardware was able to repaire by itself ?! :mrgreen: , or perhaps reality and CERN have crashed into another reallity glitch :shock:
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby cuckooflew » 2020-06-07 01:44

It is probably one of those organic portals, sometimes they secretly perform strange , miraculous things, just to make the droids wonder what happend. :mrgreen:
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 683
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby bester69 » 2020-08-24 15:36

cuckooflew wrote:It is probably one of those organic portals, sometimes they secretly perform strange , miraculous things, just to make the droids wonder what happend. :mrgreen:


Who knows what happend, but my hardware laptop screen auto-repaired itself with time.. it was like feinting to stop working for several years and then suddenly got repaired,, who knows, perhaps CERN collisioner came up with a new reallity updates, and in one of that my screen was ok..

Recently (since two or three years ago) Ive realised they've putted us a very prominent horns to most of us in face front..that is a very remarkable update of human's skull very clear to see..even women has them now very prominent..
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-08-24 16:29

I'm having an organic portal moment:
bester69 wrote:
Code: Select all
xgamma -gamma .95

man xgamma wrote:Note that the xgamma utility is obsolete and deficient, xrandr should be used with drivers that support the XRandr extension.

man xrandr wrote:--brightness brightness
Multiply the gamma values on the crtc currently attached to the output to specified floating value. Useful for overly bright or overly dim outputs. However, this is a software only modification, if your hardware has support to actually change the brightness, you will probably prefer to use xbacklight.

:mrgreen:
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 12770
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby bester69 » 2020-08-24 19:55

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:I'm having an organic portal moment:
bester69 wrote:
Code: Select all
xgamma -gamma .95

man xgamma wrote:Note that the xgamma utility is obsolete and deficient, xrandr should be used with drivers that support the XRandr extension.

man xrandr wrote:--brightness brightness
Multiply the gamma values on the crtc currently attached to the output to specified floating value. Useful for overly bright or overly dim outputs. However, this is a software only modification, if your hardware has support to actually change the brightness, you will probably prefer to use xbacklight.

:mrgreen:

Organic Portals, do not exist,,they just pretend...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFsDS6Y0Ng
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby stevepusser » 2020-08-24 20:11

The elves did the fix at night, but you should not leave them gifts in thanks, or they'll leave. Or murder someone for you: https://youtu.be/wW370Aj8E6g
MX Linux packager and developer
User avatar
stevepusser
 
Posts: 12132
Joined: 2009-10-06 05:53

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-08-25 14:45

bester69 wrote:Organic Portals, do not exist,,they just pretend...

Is the thought of a unicorn a real thought? :P
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 12770
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: My old hardware , repaired by itself!!

Postby bester69 » 2020-08-25 21:47

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
bester69 wrote:Organic Portals, do not exist,,they just pretend...

Is the thought of a unicorn a real thought? :P


Organic portals exist in same way unique souls, and some few animals (less than 1%) with souls also do exists..

here you can see an example of two beings with a real soul...CHISPIS (otter) is real, she has clearly a soul!! :( :o
https://youtu.be/YADCICrDeCw?t=305
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15


Return to Offtopic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

fashionable