Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Whitelisting Google Captcha in Proxy

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bentHnau

Whitelisting Google Captcha in Proxy

#1 Post by bentHnau »

Anybody know how to do this? I'm using Privoxy, but the problem isn't the proxy itself; I just don't know what domains to add to my whitelist. I have google.com/recaptcha whitelisted, but captchas are still blocked (I have .google. blacklisted).

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: Whitelisting Google Captcha in Proxy

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

Privoxy is a dead horse - You need to configure the "proxy" setting in whatever web browser You're using ...

I'm guessing that You're using TOR - (is my guess true?) - cloud captcha's are not easily avoidable in such case - they have a list of TOR exit nodes - not necessarily blocking them, but requiring captchas - to prevent BOT activities (usually not very efficiently ...)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

bentHnau

#3 Post by bentHnau »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Privoxy is a dead horse - You need to configure the "proxy" setting in whatever web browser You're using ...
I don't understand what "dead horse" means in this context. Why do I need to configure a standalone proxy with browser settings?

Edit: Whitelisting in the browser worked. I'd still like to know why it doesn't work in privoxy config files if anyone cares to answer.

I use several browsers, and I want a setting I can apply to all of them without configuring them all.
I'm guessing that You're using TOR
No, I'm not.

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#4 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

bentHnau wrote:Why do I need to configure a standalone proxy with browser settings?
No, not a standalone proxy - You can use proxy settings to "whitelist" selected web services. F.e. in Firefox the whitelist is in Network_Settings->No_Proxy_For.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed