Which are most stable video editors?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: Which are most stable video editors?

Postby cuckooflew » 2020-09-02 19:21

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-01 12:07
hi,
Which are most stable, easy to use video editors to you?

So any way, I will still keep using what is easiest to me,...
bester69>>Ive been testing some of them, and here my opinion.:

Great, wow your so kool, nice to hear you have been testing some. As for your opinion, well you know, everyone has one.
=========
bester69
What would you pick and why?

None of the ones you showed, but any way, the rest of the thread proves the OP (organic portal) does not want to allow any others mentioned, I do apologize, I suppose I should have just not answered, since the one I use is not in the list. But,
Which are most stable, easy to use video editors to you?

You did not specify that we were supposed to stick to the list you show...... Have fun with your testing etc. I am sorry to know ffmpeg is to complicated for you, hope fully some day you will learn more , new things,.. yes, every day, I learn new things. and hope the same for you.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!
cuckooflew

Postby Zjho » 2020-09-02 19:50

cuckooflew wrote: <snip>
any way,hope that answers your question. <snip>

Thanks you have answered and shown at what appears to be your level of usage of Blender.
Perhaps i should have realized FFmpeg package would cover FFplay package tools too.
I have an idle curiousity as to whether keen graphical users on such as Blender would be tempted over to a CLI packge such as FFmpeg given that something like Image Magick would likely also be required. Stability might be a big factor in decision on larger projects. I understand FFmpeg is used by most Graphicals.
Zjho

Postby cuckooflew » 2020-09-02 20:09

Your welcome.
Yes, your right, it (ffmpeg) is used by most, I tend to often forget, now a days most people /users, almost never use the CLI, where as when I first started using a PC, the CLI was all we had, we learned to use "bat"(batch files) to do a lot of tasks, then later shell scripts, but that is another topic.
Blender has a lot of features , most I don't use, and it also depends on ffmpeg libraries :
https://packages.debian.org/buster/blender

dep: libavcodec58 (>= 7:4.0)
FFmpeg library with de/encoders for audio/video codecs - runtime files

dep: libavdevice58 (>= 7:4.0)
FFmpeg library for handling input and output devices - runtime files

dep: libavformat58 (>= 7:4.1)
FFmpeg library with (de)muxers for multimedia containers - runtime files

dep: libswscale5 (>= 7:4.0)
FFmpeg library for image scaling and various conversions - runtime files

bester69
What would you pick and why?

That is another reason I picked ffmpeg, even though it is not on your list, it has what I need, but not all the other stuff I don't need. :D
But I suppose,if I was unable to use the CLI, and needed all that stuff, it would be one that I would pick, since it is in the Debian repositories,.. I did try it, like I all ready said. But it is really much more then I need, and to complicated for me, I like to keep it simple.
Description:
Blender is an integrated suite of tools enabling the creation of a
broad range of 3D content. It offers full functionality for modelling,
rendering, animation, post-production, creation and playback of
interactive 3D content with the benefit of cross-platform operability.
Aimed at media professionals and artists, Blender can be used to create
3D visualizations, stills as well as broadcast quality video.

Maintainer: Pascal Stumpf <pascal@stumpf.co>

WWW: https://www.blender.org/

I am not at all a professional, and do not do any 3D stuff, (actually my hardware also has a lot of trouble with it as well, that is another factor)
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!
cuckooflew

Postby golinux » 2020-09-02 20:18

Avidemux RIP. It was my go-to editor for many years until they switched from frame- to time-based editing, removed some filters and jumped the flatpack shark. Over the years I have done 100s of sometimes complicated video edits with custom audio in avidemux. Any other video editor I ever tried fell short. Thank heavens that audacity is still so amazing (or at least is in jessie LOL!).

EDIT: Thanks to CwF for jogging my memory . . . appimage not flatpak
Last edited by golinux on 2020-09-03 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby LE_746F6D617A7A69 » 2020-09-02 20:40

Regarding the ffmpeg: I think that we have a misunderstanding here - I believe that bester69 meant interactive/GUI video editors - those are the missing keywords here.

While ffmpeg can do a lot of things just by issuing some options at the cmd line, it is not equivalent to GUI-based video editors - or at least it's not as much convenient as the GUI-based applictions.
Definitely ffmpeg is not an efficient solution in case when one would like to just quickly test several *special effects* applied/inserted into a video stream.

Regarding the stability of video editors: I'm not involved in mastering of professional videos, but OpenShot does the job for Me, and it is completely stable (version 2.4.3 from Debian stable)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed
LE_746F6D617A7A69

Postby oswaldkelso » 2020-09-02 22:38

final cut pro vs ffmpeg
https://invidious.ggc-project.de/watch?v=H89OrOf7pDg

I had a version of final cup pro back in the day cost like a £1000 when I switched to Debian it went in the bin :shock:

Now I do all my screencasts and editing with ffmpeg. I have no choice, the only other video editing application I have on my system is blender. I know which is easier. There is no way I'm going to upgrade and build a load of video editors from source. :mrgreen:

The advantage of ffmpeg is it's the same across distros and OS's and you can chuck the commands in a script. I have "sc" to do a screencast, how simple is that! I keep a record of any options I use and build up a bank of useful commands and scripts.

e.g My daughter does a bit of boldering and fell off, Sent me the video. Nearly 150MB mostly boring with the interesting bit near the end. I re-encoded, scaled, cropped and played with it all using ffmpeg and ffplay before sending it back to her fixed!. :lol:
https://derryth.com/s/5EfS7i9ibSnnni3

If you're on a minimal system or going to do lots of editing then I say learn ffmpeg because it's no harder than a learning full blow GUI application. If you just do a few clips then I can see some might like something your granny could use.
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
oswaldkelso

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-03 00:27

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:Regarding the ffmpeg: I think that we have a misunderstanding here - I believe that bester69 meant interactive/GUI video editors - those are the missing keywords here.

While ffmpeg can do a lot of things just by issuing some options at the cmd line, it is not equivalent to GUI-based video editors - or at least it's not as much convenient as the GUI-based applictions.
Definitely ffmpeg is not an efficient solution in case when one would like to just quickly test several *special effects* applied/inserted into a video stream.

Regarding the stability of video editors: I'm not involved in mastering of professional videos, but OpenShot does the job for Me, and it is completely stable (version 2.4.3 from Debian stable)

Clearly and thanks to lord you're not a portal... its very easy to decode one by the way they fall into madness, stabbing attitude and confrontation by just trivial things, without much importance , and also the energy that surround their posted comments..wth!! :| .. As you can see organic portals doesnt like words in bold or big fonts.... they dont understand this freedom and unique in conduct of a real person cos they are colective conscious, so that, they cant deny their colmene mind programs, its not something they do intencionally.; they just obey programs, just like with covid and face muzzles.. they cant understand us.
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
bester69

Postby stevepusser » 2020-09-03 02:37

oswaldkelso wrote:
There is no way I'm going to upgrade and build a load of video editors from source. :mrgreen:
If you just do a few clips then I can see some might like something your granny could use.

I do have some backported video editors in the MX and /or my OBS multimedia backports repo.

For simple video cutting, one could use vidcutter or VLC's Record function. Qwinff is a nice transcoder, and one that shows promise is MystiQ, though I just mostly use it to transcode to h.265 format with a custom preset that sunrat suggested.
MX Linux packager and developer
stevepusser

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-03 11:08

stevepusser wrote:I do have some backported video editors in the MX and /or my OBS multimedia backports repo.

For simple video cutting, one could use vidcutter or VLC's Record function. Qwinff is a nice transcoder, and one that shows promise is MystiQ, though I just mostly use it to transcode to h.265 format with a custom preset that sunrat suggested.

+
I think to remember vidcutter was a shitty of application, it forces you to tanscoding vids everytime you made a cut....

You should try the best app for cutting.:
LosslessCut aims to be the ultimate cross platform ffmpeg GUI for extremely fast and lossless operations on video, audio, subtitle and other related media files.
The main feature is lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files
https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

I think Qwinff or Winff..are not needed if you've Kdenlive,flowblade, Shotcut or any of these more complete edition applications.. they provide you same transcoding tool embedded... They come with a lot of transcoding profiles, inclided h265 and hardware encoding acceleration codecs libraries
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
bester69

Postby CwF » 2020-09-03 21:43

golinux wrote:Avidemux RIP. It was my go-to editor for many years until they switched from frame- to time-based editing,

The appimage still works fine frame by frame. ? Just used it...
CwF

Postby Anxiolytic » 2020-09-16 14:38

Looking for high-efficient and high-quality toilets at a slightly cheaper price than the Toto and Kohler toilets? Then there are American Standard toilets https://bestflushingtoilet.org/american ... d-toilets/, which will answer your problems! Highly suggested by plumbers as they like its performance.
Anxiolytic

Previous

Return to Offtopic