Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Your system in action,Screen and Desktop Videos

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
cuckooflew

Your system in action,Screen and Desktop Videos

#1 Post by cuckooflew »

Usually I use a gif format for this, so it can be shown inside

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
tags,
but the quality is reduced with gif. So any way, here is my desktop recorded using ffmpeg.
In the video, OpenBsd is the host system, but I also start Debian in a qemu VM, and play some other videos as well, saddly I have to use a You tube link, I am not a big youtube fan, but it is ok for storing videos that I want to share, any way here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2mf9wNBwT8
=====================================
Any one else wants to share their desktop recording, that would be interesting...but please,
only post videos of your desktop and using it. In other words please do not abuse this and start posting links to other types of videos, random or not related to PC or Laptop desktops, and use,..Guess that is about it. Thank you
Last edited by cuckooflew on 2020-09-06 03:02, edited 2 times in total.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Your system in action,Screen and Desktop Videos

#2 Post by oswaldkelso »

Personally I'd like to see how others use their desktops

Here's my evilwm
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=wz9tESAmNng

Don't be shy there should be lots of different DE's and WM's from Debian the universal operating system.

edited: for clarity.
Last edited by oswaldkelso on 2020-09-06 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
Free Software Matters
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
My oldest used PC: 1999 imac 333Mhz 256MB PPC abandoned by Debian

cuckooflew

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

Ok, well I edited the title/subject, when I started the topic I said "ffmpeg", because that is what I used, but did not intend or mean to sound like other methods could not be posted as well, you are right, though, it will be interesting to see what other things people do, how they do them, etc. I don't have a micro phone, but I like that on your, explaining a little about it .
===edit==
P.S. I see the subject line on your reply does not change,even though I edit my first post,
perhaps you can update that.
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and

Deb-fan

#4 Post by Deb-fan »

Not in position to participate at the moment and besides boring doesnt even begin to describe my preferences in terms of openbox, errrr actually a tad dreary and need to at least add something, poss a conky or 2, 3 on it. Just wanted to say it's still a good-cool idea for a thread cuckooflew. Maybe it'll pick up and more folks will show off their desktop. Sheesh if there's one thing geeks like showing or discussing, it's their setups. :)

+1 bump!!!
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *

cuckooflew

#5 Post by cuckooflew »

Actually Openbox would be neat, well maybe depending, but anyway I used to use OpenBox for quite some time, sometimes still do, "FVWM" is another really nice one, any way, hope sometime soon you can show something.
and