Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Big problem with my server.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
xickwy

Big problem with my server.

#1 Post by xickwy »

Hello

I've a big problem with my server. I don't know what's happening. After two weeks forgetting it, two days ago i've noticed my server fans upper a bit. And here comes the problems.

The networks services works fine (I'm talking now with pfsense working in my server). I can access by ssh and iRMC. I can run commands how qm to see if pfsense is running, lxc don't work, and some pve commands. So... not bad. Go to the problems. I see a lot of services stucked, firstly pveproxy, with a loop of dmesg trying to start. If i go to the problem, I see the systemd-hostnamed is stopped. When I try to start, it shows me a libc.so.6 Access Denied. With systemd-nslookup, can't access to /etc/hostname. Again, Access Denied. SMPD services shows me the can't access to hosts.allow/deny...... I've try to run fsck, no errors.

I will try to reinstall some proxmox services, and i've got the PVE Manager stucked in the reinstall because pveproxy can't start. Now if i try to update by apt, can't do. Due to dns lookup, can't accesible. I can download by ssh and dkpg -i. But nothing... I see PX run over Apparmor. I've disabled it, and the same thing. I think that not a Proxmox issue, its due a Debian problem and the most problematic services are Debian-based. But it's strange. I've do always the same, apt update & dist-upgrade how Proxmox guide says.

I've checked SMART, and it's passed. No bad sectors. I've checked all the links and symlinks and are root:root and 644, so I don't know what's happening.

I think i've try all. But some help is needed sometimes.

Thanks in advance

My server is a Fujitsu Primergy RX300S8. Two Xeon E5-2630v2 with 86GiB DDR3. I'm Running in a SATA disk and a RAID5 with the others disks. Running the 5.4 proxmox kernel

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Big problem with my server.

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

xickwy wrote:I think that not a Proxmox issue
I disagree. Why don't you check with Proxmox? They will have a better idea of how exactly they've wrecked Debian :mrgreen:

https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/support

Anyway Proxmox is not supported here, thread moved to the Offtopic section.
deadbang

xickwy

Re: Big problem with my server.

#3 Post by xickwy »

Yes. I know. But the core is Debian, the services downed are debian, and the problems that I have, are from DEBIAN. Not from proxmox. The GUI are from Proxmox, in apt repositories work with Proxmox and Debian, so.... I don't know why i can't ask for help where the core is founded. And those doesn't work because the services of Debian doesn't work.

Anyway. Thanks for nothing. I will try to ask for help in better forums. See ya