Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Microsoft repo secretly installed on all Raspberry Pi’s Linu

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Deb-fan

Re: Microsoft repo secretly installed on all Raspberry Pi’s

#31 Post by Deb-fan »

More ramblings :P ... Gnu/Linux .. Debian and open source long since cured me of the bane of Microsoft too, so since I don't need them for any of my computing needs I'm happier now. Surely I've already said it in this thread but if did get a Pi of course it's going to have pure Debian on it. I get that people need to make money, it's business but have often found someone can do that without having to be scummy or all this corporate sleaze.

Still don't doubt there are tons of people who don't/won't do business that way. Even if it seems scumtastic is the new SOP = standard operating procedure, are plenty of good people remaining too. Always has been, always will be. :)
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *

arzgi

Re: Microsoft repo secretly installed on all Raspberry Pi’s

#32 Post by arzgi »

Yesterday downloaded 2021-03-04-raspios-buster-armhf-lite, and when booted it on my RPi 1.0 saw message 'blocking vscode repo" and later "removing 3rd party sources".

Seems the discussion has turned raspberry-foundations head :mrgreen: