Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem on G`MIC integration for Gimp in Buster.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
portaro

Problem on G`MIC integration for Gimp in Buster.

#1 Post by portaro »

I install Gimp default version on Buster by a synaptic package manager installation, then I install G'MIC - an framework for digital image processing that can be integrated with Gimp.

https://gmic.eu/

But for some reason when I try to use it in Gimp the tool never opens.

I'm still use Bunsenlabs, my pc is very poor to Gnome or similar type of desktops.

I think that the problem can be the gtk of the GMIC but I haven't any assurance of this.

I already put a question on bunsenlabs and I aready find a "half solution" install Gimp by appimage (in the appimage GMIC works well).

https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=7430

When I click on the Gmic button if I open Gimp with terminal I have this output →

Code: Select all

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 02:52:22.438: cannot register existing type 'GtkWidget'

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 02:52:22.438: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 02:52:22.438: cannot register existing type 'GtkBuildable'

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 02:52:22.438: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-CRITICAL **: 02:52:22.438: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 02:52:22.438: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:23160): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 02:52:22.438: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

If I use appimage of Gimp GMIC works well.

So I think that the problem is in relation with the gimp package provided by the default repositories of Debian.

I try to find what is the process to send bugs and I find it here → https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

But then I think maybe is better put this on the forum and then any user admin can report this.

I put an screenshot at following →

trinidad

Re: Problem on G`MIC integration for Gimp in Buster.

#2 Post by trinidad »

You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

I'm still use Bunsenlabs,
Bunsenlabs has its own forum at https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

Try starting it in the terminal with

env QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk3 gimp-2.10 
MX Linux packager and developer

portaro

#5 Post by portaro »

stevepusser wrote:Try starting it in the terminal with

env QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk3 gimp-2.10 
It works.

Is a option to force QT to use gtk3 ?

Thanks.

:D

Head_on_a_Stick

#6 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Environmental variables can be exported via /etc/environment (or in individual files under /etc/environment.d/) so just add this line to that file:

QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk3
And tell the BunsenLabs folks I said "hello".
deadbang

stevepusser

#7 Post by stevepusser »

Just in case someone also wants to run krita-gmic with Krita, the same env command works with Krita on XFCE.
MX Linux packager and developer

PNJ12

#8 Post by PNJ12 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote: 2021-04-01 19:12 And tell the BunsenLabs folks I said "hello".
I just register only to say hello in return and on the name of Bunsenlabs Community and thank you a lot camarade !