Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Screenshot topic

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Terje

Screenshot topic

#1 Post by Terje »

Thought it might be nice to have the allround available screenshot topic available in this forum too.

So come show those desktops :)

mine atm:
http://users.pandora.be/terje/myfile01.png

Nothing special but that's the way I like it. (running etch btw)
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.

Garda

#2 Post by Garda »

nice.

what theme is that?

jobezone

#3 Post by jobezone »

Garda wrote:nice.

what theme is that?
If I'm not mistaken I think it's called Debian theme :) and is available in http://www.gnome-look.org
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!

Terje

#4 Post by Terje »

It's the debian icon set yes :) together with grand-canyon controls and window border.
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.

inconnu

#5 Post by inconnu »

Nice.

Here's mine (desktop 4).

No icons, just a karamba applet. KDE Keramik/Keramik white colour scheme. (In case the wallpaper looks familiar, yes, I took a Knoppix wallpaper and reworked it with the GIMP ... :wink: )
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1

jobezone

#6 Post by jobezone »

inconnu wrote:Nice.

Here's mine (desktop 4).

No icons, just a karamba applet. KDE Keramik/Keramik white colour scheme. (In case the wallpaper looks familiar, yes, I took a Knoppix wallpaper and reworked it with the GIMP ... :wink: )
I could show you a screenshot of my desktop, but it's pretty simillar to Debian's vanilla Gnome 2.10 :/ I do have a background for Gilian Seed, the main character in Hideo Kojima's "Snatcher" videogame, simillar to this one http://junkerhq.net/Snatcher/Calendar/01-02-1993.jpg.
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!

Scotti
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#7 Post by Scotti »

Last edited by Scotti on 2006-01-12 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Carlosinfl

#8 Post by Carlosinfl »

Since I have no Windows Manager and or GUI - This is my only screenshot :oops:

gabriel

#9 Post by gabriel »

Is it possible to move "trash" "home" and "computer" to the sidebar, to make one's desktop completetly clean? Something like ubuntu perhaps?
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

Carlosinfl

#10 Post by Carlosinfl »

gabriel wrote:Is it possible to move "trash" "home" and "computer" to the sidebar, to make one's desktop completetly clean? Something like ubuntu perhaps?
Gnome?

gabriel

#11 Post by gabriel »

Sorry
Yes, in Gnome :)
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

jobezone

#12 Post by jobezone »

gabriel wrote:Sorry
Yes, in Gnome :)
Yes, go to Gconf-editor (or configuration editor) in Applications->System Tools. In there, look in the tree for Nautilus, and you can check what you want to be and not to be visible in the desktop.
As far as the trash, in recent versions of Gnome there is a trash applet which is the same used in Ubuntu.

tim

yass--yet another screenshot

#13 Post by tim »

Grieve not for happy Claudius, he is dead;
And empty is his skull.
Pity no longer, arm-in-arm with Dread,
Walks that polished hall.

Joy, too, is fled.
But no man can have all.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Carlosinfl

#14 Post by Carlosinfl »

Debian 64 just installed 1 day ago...

J Arcane

Re: yass--yet another screenshot

#15 Post by J Arcane »

tim wrote:And here's mine:

http://www.timfolger.net/snapshot1.png

Tim
Mmmm. Pretty. I like the OS X look.

What are you running to do that though?

J Arcane

#16 Post by J Arcane »

Here's mine:

tim

#17 Post by tim »

I'm running sid and kde 3.4.2. The icons are from kdelook.org. Search under kdelook.org's icons section for "OS-L." When you download the icon file look at the readme doc for the installation instructions. The little OS X look-alike docker program is called kxdocker, and you can download it with apt-get (at least you can with unstable--I'm not sure about testing or sarge).
The weather box in the upper right corner of my screen is called liquid weather, which you can also get from kdelook.org. You'll first need to install superkaramba, which again, can be done with apt.
Post back here if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Tim
Grieve not for happy Claudius, he is dead;
And empty is his skull.
Pity no longer, arm-in-arm with Dread,
Walks that polished hall.

Joy, too, is fled.
But no man can have all.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

J Arcane

#18 Post by J Arcane »

OS-L and kxdocker are actually what I'm using in my shot above. They're part of the "OS X alike" tutorial at http://baghira.sourceforge.net.

Baghira's a pretty cool deal, but it's a bit of a complicated process to get it up and running. Took me like 5 hours or so.

Andruk Tatum

Ditto

#19 Post by Andruk Tatum »

Yeah, that's tight.
"Resistance against tyranny is obedience to God"
-Harriet Tubman

That's why I'm using Debian.

hellfire

#20 Post by hellfire »

Here`s mine. All the menus are in bulgarian.