Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
garrincha

Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?

#1 Post by garrincha »

From Is Your Son a hax0rs, I had to ROTFL at this:
8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface.
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

:lol:

perlhacker14

#3 Post by perlhacker14 »

WTF? I suppose that makes me a computer hacker since age 12...
Though, Lunix? is that not an attempt to do something with a commodore 64 or what?
Arven bids you a good day...

My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A25-S3072; 3.06 GHz Pentium 4; 473 MiB RAM; Debian Testing/Unstable/Experimental / Slackware 12; Whatever WM/DE I feel like at the moment

jml

#4 Post by jml »

garrincha, you have really got to check your sources. Everyone knows that the name of the "devil" who created Linux is Linuski Torvoldski. Really now. :mrgreen:
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

Vergil

#5 Post by Vergil »

Lunix is also a gateway drug to harder stuff like php.

Noven

#6 Post by Noven »

I really cant tell if the 1st article was like fake or not, cuz I actually know dumb people like that... :oops:

benuski

#7 Post by benuski »

It is a fake, luckily. I didn't think it was the first time I saw it either. But its from a site that was started by some Slashdot commenters who wanted a bigger stage for their comments.

BioTube

#8 Post by BioTube »

It's old. I've seen it before. Still a riot, considering I prefer an 'illegal' OS('Lunix') and a 'third world' knockoff processor(AMD) and have an ISP that's not AOL(I happen to like DSL).

EDIT: I also spend most days glued in front of the computer.
Ludwig von Mises wrote:The elite should be supreme by virtue of persuasion, not by the assistance of firing squads.

Chapter 6

#9 Post by Chapter 6 »

That's just not right.
"Now the body of one soul I adore wants to die
You have always told me you'd not live past 25
I say stay long enough to repay all who cause strife."

-- Alice in Chains, Sludge Factory

garrincha

#10 Post by garrincha »

Noven wrote:I really cant tell if the 1st article was like fake or not, cuz I actually know dumb people like that... :oops:
You can tell that it was a humorous take on misconception of 'hacking', especially in Linux by the wording and sentence construction in this article which definitely point to someone with more than passable experience in computing.

I knew that the article is old and I have came across that site a long time ago, but it is still a riot though.:)
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

Bulkley

#11 Post by Bulkley »

Noven wrote: . . . I actually know dumb people like that...
Yeah, so do I. They revel in stupidity.

Chapter 6

#12 Post by Chapter 6 »

Bulkley wrote:
Noven wrote: . . . I actually know dumb people like that...
Yeah, so do I. They revel in stupidity.
So you both know the people that I'm up against? lmfao.
"Now the body of one soul I adore wants to die
You have always told me you'd not live past 25
I say stay long enough to repay all who cause strife."

-- Alice in Chains, Sludge Factory

penpen

#13 Post by penpen »

i could have sworn that was from a somethingawful.com article a long time ago written by JEFF K. I could be wrong.