Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Alright, show of hands: Who here plays Guild Wars?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Pink_Ranger

Alright, show of hands: Who here plays Guild Wars?

#1 Post by Pink_Ranger »

Also, what professions do you play? PvE or PvP?

Lastly, did you get the GW:EN expansion?

sinical

#2 Post by sinical »

I've been dribbling in front of WoW a bit lately .. gotta kick the habit, g/f is going a bit nuts over it
Every cloud has a silver lining, except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Strontium 90.
---------------------------------------------
umop apisdn

penpen

#3 Post by penpen »

I loved WoW, but it got to the point that I didn't have the time/dedication to spend 8 hours a day playing the game. Most high end guilds want you to play like 40+ hours a week, no room for the casual player :( so I quit... I miss tanking with my warrior, but I only got it to 65 or so.

But since I quit I found that I have so much more free time! I started coding again.. I'm teaching myself bash. Ever so often I'll find a console RPG and start obsessing over it (most recently, Okami)

But this is a little OT since the thread is about GW.. I never tried GW but I gotta admit I didn't like the concept much. I liked WoW's balance (sometimes a lackthereof, but hey) between pve and pvp

Pink_Ranger

#4 Post by Pink_Ranger »

penpen wrote: . . .Ever so often I'll find a console RPG and start obsessing over it (most recently, Okami)
You like console RPG's? How far back do you go? Have you ever played Chrono Trigger? What about FFI? Or *gasp* Dragon Warrior?
penpen wrote: I never tried GW but I gotta admit I didn't like the concept much.
Really? What part of the concept turned you off the most? Is it the fact that everything is instanced? That's what I hear the most. Oh, that plus the fact that you can't jump.

actionM

#5 Post by actionM »

I havn't played since the first expansion came out. But but before I got bored with the original content, I had way to much fun soloing things that most people didn't solo. I don't know how it is these days, but back then everyone did there farming and soloing with some sorta monk/?? class. I never did that, and thats why it was so fun for me. I found some really intresting ways to survive with without the monk class.

I have photo's! Here is me soloing 2 sand worms. I could also solo 4 at a time, but I never got a descent looking screenshot of that. On this particular battle, I was most likely an war/ele or war/mes. Those 2 were my typical setups.
http://flickr.com/photos/yarr/113014205 ... 049488914/

So if I were to actually play again. Which expansion do you think I would enjoy the most? I'm big on soloing and killing monsters. I don't normally do much pvp.