Page 1 of 2

So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-05 23:12
by Soul Singin'
To be honest, I couldn't care less what you think of Ubuntu or its latest release.

I just want to see which thread runs longer. This one or the Fedora thread.
.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 00:29
by Bro.Tiag
Soul Singin' wrote:To be honest, I couldn't care less what you think of Ubuntu or its latest release.

I just want to see which thread runs longer. This one or the Fedora thread.
.

+1

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 01:24
by julian67
Soul Singin' wrote:I just want to see which thread runs longer.


I don't even care about that. I am the bigger cynic! Ha! Victory! Kewlness!

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 02:20
by MeanDean
well shit....

I open up the thread to read what everyone thinks about the new ubuntu and......nothing....nada....zilch...

I have been meaning to try out the LTS release, what was that 10.04 or something, but it is pretty low on my todo list. In fact trying out the LTS release before that one is still on my todo list.....

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 02:39
by sossego
Well, after natty narwhale there will be:
Orgasming Onan
Prickly Pervert
Queen Quincy
Raunchy Rat
Sniveling Shrew
Transexual Tiger
Urinating Urial

and more.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 15:22
by Mr. Alex
I just think that Ubuntu becomes less and less GNU. It's something based on Linux kernel. Just some OS from Canonical. Maybe something similar to Mac OS X. :)

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-06 16:15
by debil
I took a quick glimpse at my crystal ball and saw this thread locked. So Fedora thread "wins". I don't care about either one so to get my coat once again I'll go...

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-07 03:35
by 62chevy
I know it doesn't play nice with VirtualBox.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-07 07:46
by dotlj
I tried the alternate version (not the live CD), so could only install it onto a spare partition.
After using for a few seconds, the screen slowly faded to black and nothing, including Alt SysRq could do anything. I tried five times, turning off desktop effects and trying other things, but each time the same result. It lasted about 30 minutes before I dug out an old Squeeze CD and put something that works onto that partition. Now I'm running one Squeeze and one Testing so that when Squeeze becomes stable, I'll be back to two different releases.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-08 08:44
by sjukfan
My thoughts are, without testing it, "well how nice for them". I don't care really, it's not my thing. I use Debian.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-25 13:04
by Anzhr
Mr. Alex wrote:I just think that Ubuntu becomes less and less GNU. It's something based on Linux kernel. Just some OS from Canonical. Maybe something similar to Mac OS X. :)



Exactly so.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-25 13:50
by friTTe
sossego wrote:Well, after natty narwhale there will be:
Orgasming Onan
Prickly Pervert
Queen Quincy
Raunchy Rat
Sniveling Shrew
Transexual Tiger
Urinating Urial

and more.



Hahaha lovely :lol:

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-25 14:53
by oOarthurOo
MeanDean wrote:I have been meaning to try out the LTS release, what was that 10.04 or something, but it is pretty low on my todo list. In fact trying out the LTS release before that one is still on my todo list.....


I've got it installed on my parents computer at the moment. It's fine. The only problem is that there are about 60 updates a week, so if i don't go over there for a couple weeks there's a few hundred meg's of updates to apply. When squeeze drops I plan on switching them over.

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-25 17:13
by yog-sothoth
sossego wrote:Well, after natty narwhale there will be:
Orgasming Onan
Prickly Pervert
Queen Quincy
Raunchy Rat
Sniveling Shrew
Transexual Tiger
Urinating Urial

and more.


+ Vomitous Vermin?
:mrgreen:

Re: So what do you think about Ubuntu 10.10?

PostPosted: 2010-11-26 01:58
by dbbolton
Additional vacuous post