Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New kid in town.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Kittum

Re: New kid in town.

#41 Post by Kittum »

Wow that was fast!

Thanks you all!
Everybody has a purpose in life. I grew up to be a bad example.
I did not like the looks from Vista and its sequel is an abuse of the number 7!

AMLJ

#42 Post by AMLJ »

nomko wrote:What i have learned about computers:

It is not the computer makes mistakes, it's the user who works with the computer that makes mistakes!

If you can't work with Ubuntu, it's not the fault of Ubuntu but your own fault. Not understanding Ubuntu and not willing to learn Ubuntu and do things which can't be done with Ubuntu are the faults of the users. A computer does nothing without a user who gives the command's.
Funny! :mrgreen:
OK, so Ubuntu has became a computer too!

So, bugs in applications and operating systems, are all the users' fault.

I suggest you use Windows for some time dude, as there are no problems with it. It's just the user who makes mistakes right?
AMLJ**0-1-47

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#43 Post by Hallvor »

AMLJ wrote:
nomko wrote:What i have learned about computers:

It is not the computer makes mistakes, it's the user who works with the computer that makes mistakes!

If you can't work with Ubuntu, it's not the fault of Ubuntu but your own fault. Not understanding Ubuntu and not willing to learn Ubuntu and do things which can't be done with Ubuntu are the faults of the users. A computer does nothing without a user who gives the command's.
Funny! :mrgreen:
OK, so Ubuntu has became a computer too!

So, bugs in applications and operating systems, are all the users' fault.

I suggest you use Windows for some time dude, as there are no problems with it. It's just the user who makes mistakes right?
What a brilliant guy, this nomko: We can decuct from his own logic that bugs in computer software does not exist. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

mbruins

#44 Post by mbruins »

nomko wrote:Hello,

Since today i become a member of this forum. I'm not totally new with linux, i'm using since 2007 Ubuntu linux. I started with version 7.04, switched to 7.10 and after that i installed the 8.04 LTS version. Never used the following version, only tried 9.10 for a short period because i bougth a new pc which had hardware that was not supported by 8.04. Since april this year i am using 10.04 LTS. In my early "personal computer era", it started almost 20 years ago, i started with MS-DOS version 3.3, switched to 5.0 and ended with version 6.22 in combination with Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11. From 1995 i had Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 and i ended my Windows era with Windows XP in 2007 when got a copy of Ubuntu 7.04.

I live in The Netherlands and i work as a piping engineer. Just a small fact, my nickname is my real name. Even for the Dutch my name is rare. It's very uncommon in Holland, i'm original from the northern part of Holland.

Nomko
Welcome!!

I am from The Netherlands aswell (noord-holland). Perhaps we can have a Debian meet sometimes with people from forums.debian.net i read that there are alot op people from The Netherlands here.

Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year!

eric1959

#45 Post by eric1959 »

Dutch members

Merry Christmas and peace to all
Debian Bits And Snips
Squeeze, Gnome, amd64, Intel Core i3-530, Geforce GT330