Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

announcement of another debian forum

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
MALsPa

Re: announcement of another debian forum

#46 Post by MALsPa »

jheaton5 wrote:
MALsPa wrote:I think we can get along fine over here with slightly less knowledgeable members, if that's the case. 8)
I think you have many very skilled and seasoned debian users here. I would hope that you listen to them and take their advice rather than argue that "that's too hard," or "that ain't the way we did it in Ubuntu."
By "you," I hope you don't mean me personally, as I have never once said either of those things. I'm no more attached to Ubuntu than I am to any other distro. I like using Linux. Period.

jheaton5

#47 Post by jheaton5 »

Didn't mean to offend.

Edit: English doesn't distinguish between the singular and plural 2nd person pronoun. In this case I meant the plural. People in the Southern United States say "Y'all". :)
debian sid

MALsPa

#48 Post by MALsPa »

jheaton5 wrote:English doesn't distinguish between the singular and plural 2nd person pronoun. In this case I meant the plural. People in the Southern United States say "Y'all". :)
Yeah -- like the Spanish "ustedes." Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it.

jheaton5

#49 Post by jheaton5 »

MALsPa wrote:
jheaton5 wrote:English doesn't distinguish between the singular and plural 2nd person pronoun. In this case I meant the plural. People in the Southern United States say "Y'all". :)
Yeah -- like the Spanish "ustedes." Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it.
de nada
debian sid

Absent Minded

#50 Post by Absent Minded »

It seems this thread has gotten quite off topic so I am locking it.

Best of luck to all whether you go or stay.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012