Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hellooooooo

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
linuxden

Hellooooooo

#1 Post by linuxden »

Hi All,

Just finished reeinstalling etch on all my machines, apart from DNS and web Servers where i opted for Sarge... (of course)

Am new to the debian community although i have had debian installed on my test machine for little more than a year now...

I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Tom and am training to be a sys admin... That and being a fulltime Dad!!! ( My baby boy was born on the 03.05.06 so i have been out of it all for the last 2 months and a half ...)

Am finally getting back into a routine, and have decided that with the full switch back to debian i am going to be more a part of this community...of course if you guys permit... ;o)

Well I hope we all get along good...

Tom

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

Hi Tom,

Welcome aboard! :)

Tina

ajdlinux

Re: Hellooooooo

#3 Post by ajdlinux »

linuxden wrote: Am finally getting back into a routine, and have decided that with the full switch back to debian i am going to be more a part of this community...of course if you guys permit... ;o)
This is Debian, you don't need permission ;)

Welcome!

linuxden

#4 Post by linuxden »

Tina, Ajdlinux,

Thank you very much...

last night I had tons of fun crawling the forums... Went to bed way past midnight... LMAO!!!

Have a good day all!!

Tom

SpEcIeS

#5 Post by SpEcIeS »

Greetings 8)
SpEcIeS

Debian: Jessie
Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64

Karl Pedal

#6 Post by Karl Pedal »

Hello to you!

tinker

Re: Hellooooooo

#7 Post by tinker »

Congratulations "dad" (and also to your SO who, after all, did most of the work). :-)
linuxden wrote:Well I hope we all get along good...
This is a moderated forum, so yes, we do.

My best advice is to lurk a while and get a "feel" for the forum and people before you post unless you get into a situation where you need help, but that's not mandatory and the choice is yours. And I also suggest Harold's sticky post in Forum stuff & feedback as a worthwhile read.

Burnside

#8 Post by Burnside »

I hope we can assist with all your parenting needs.

(Oh, and Debian too.)