Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Microsoft amazes Engineering students!

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Jim_No.6

Microsoft amazes Engineering students!

#1 Post by Jim_No.6 »

Hey Check it out,
My flatmate went to a talk from the computer engineering department at his university, and there were two Microsoft guys there for no reason, except to pimp the company.
Check out these crap keyrings they gave us!
I mean we broke one in about 20 seconds and another guy totally wrecked his hand playing with one, all they're good for is garotte wire!

text reads 'Microsoft Top 10 2005 - Best company to work for'

The guy said that a year ago they were in the top 5 and that he
didn't know what happened
lmao
I mean, come on are these badly designed , easily broken, and, lets face it, dangerous pieces of junk really supposed to convince an engineer to join their company!?

or is it just the same as everything else they make?

#2 Post by Guest »

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-330671.html Not happy with the response in the Gentoo forums? What is your point really? OMG M?cr0$0ft suxxor!!!11one1. Grow up get a life.

Jim_No.6

#3 Post by Jim_No.6 »

(Not the same person btw.)

Actually, it was an experiment: After some polite slagging, but later serious discussion, the Gentoo thread sunk off the page.

My roommate contended that the same thread would attract nothing but immature bullshit from a Debian forum. I wanted to find out, and y'know what? :roll:

Roeland

#4 Post by Roeland »

Jim_No.6 wrote:My roommate contended that the same thread would attract nothing but immature bullshit from a Debian forum. I wanted to find out, and y'know what? :roll:
The only thing immature about this thread, is the need for Topic Starter to make fun of a company that he doesn't like.

If you can't beat something by reason and substance, bash it. Well, at least that's what many people tend to do.

I don't need to make fun of Microsoft to make a statement. The power of free software should do the trick.

-Roeland
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins

sensovision

#5 Post by sensovision »

Roeland wrote:
Jim_No.6 wrote:My roommate contended that the same thread would attract nothing but immature bullshit from a Debian forum. I wanted to find out, and y'know what? :roll:
The only thing immature about this thread, is the need for Topic Starter to make fun of a company that he doesn't like.

If you can't beat something by reason and substance, bash it. Well, at least that's what many people tend to do.

I don't need to make fun of Microsoft to make a statement. The power of free software should do the trick.

-Roeland
Wise words, Roeland!
Denis

jobezone

Am I the only one...?

#6 Post by jobezone »

I thought the original post was highly amusing!