Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I need to learn Linux!!!!

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
ajdlinux

#31 Post by ajdlinux »

Linux does have very good tools like Qt and Python and other languages though.
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

_FOCUS_

#32 Post by _FOCUS_ »

I tried to install cedega but ./configure gave me it couldn't find x
how I can solve this?
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.

ajdlinux

#33 Post by ajdlinux »

1. Please post as a new thread.
2. apt-get install libx11-dev
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

sargek

#34 Post by sargek »

Lavene wrote:Cedega is more of a service than a program. I'm not a 'gamer' so I have never tried it, but you can read about it HERE.

Tina
It's proprietary software, based on Wine and is definately a client program you download and install. It's subscription based though, so you can have a version that you never update and only pay for once. Otherwise, it's $5 US a month for continuous access to upgrades. It works pretty well, but not every game is supported. I finally dumped Windows at home completely and bought Cedega so I could play those games not available as native in Linux. I would prefer native games, like Neverwinter Nights, but not every game manufacturer makes the effort to make native versions...