Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

short tech help stories

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
malk

short tech help stories

#1 Post by malk »

Does anyone have any suggestions on stories relating to funny tech stories like the BOFH series (Bastard Operator From Hell)? here is a link to the site that holds those incase anyone hasnt seen them. http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/ they will keep you in tears and probably relate to calling your tech support.
Cheers
Malk

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

bluesdog

#3 Post by bluesdog »

:D

Here's one for the list:

Client: "The computer won't recognize my camera anymore"

Me: "Have you tried re-installing the program?" (Windows, natch!)

C: "Yes, but the program won't even install anymore"

Me: "Ok, I'll be by later today to take a look"

~~~~

Me, (now on site): "Ok, since I'm here, I'll just take a look at the connections" (I slide the box out from under the desk, and notice the USB camera cable just falls out. Wtf?) "Umm, it looks like the cable wasn't plugged in correctly"

C: "Oh, I pushed it in, but it did seem loose. It was always like that"

(Note: Whenever someone says, 'It was always like that', my BS detector lights up)

I disconnect the remaining cables, pull the computer out far enough to see that one of the two USB ports is basically destroyed. The little plastic guide is missing, and two of the metal connectors are literally mashed.

Me: "Um, I think I see the problem... " :!:
Tips & Tricks

Something more to read while waiting

If you obviously have not read THIS, don't expect too much...

*winter bluesdog....*

malk

#4 Post by malk »

Thanks for the link i just skimmed through some of the call stories and still laughing.
Cheers
Malk