Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Computer only wakes from suspend once

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
phasip

[Solved] Computer only wakes from suspend once

#1 Post by phasip »

Hey!

I just installed debian 7 (wheezy) and trying to get suspend/resume working. It is a computer that will act as a htpc and thus I have a usb connected ir remote to it that I will use to suspend/resume the computer.

The problem I have is that after boot I can only resume the computer once. The second time I suspend it there seems to be no way for me to wake the computer (neither remote, keyboard, mouse or power button works)

I am running debian with a xfce desktop if that changes anything =/

Edit: I have tried changing a bunch of BIOS settings and it seems that /proc/acpi/wakeup still has both USB devices enabled after the first resume. I have tried waiting to see if it is a time issue, but the first time it seems to work always, the second time never.

I have a old Asus AT3ION-T deluxe motherboard
Last edited by phasip on 2014-09-16 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

mardybear

Re: Computer only wakes from suspend once

#2 Post by mardybear »

Your logs may/not provide useful information, such as:
/var/log/pm-suspend.log

There are also different commands to suspend, such as pm-suspend or s2ram.
800mhz, 512mb ram, dCore-jessie (Tiny Core with Debian Jessie packages) with BusyBox and Fluxbox.
Most don't have computer access, reuse or pay forward an old computer.

phasip

Re: Computer only wakes from suspend once

#3 Post by phasip »

Thanks!

I looked at pm-suspend and noticed that networkmanager failed to stop the network when it suspended and also that network didn't work after the computer had been resumed. So I started by fixing it by adding a sleep.d script that unloads and loads my wireless module (as in http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7&start=15)

And now it is working!

mardybear

Re: [Solved] Computer only wakes from suspend once

#4 Post by mardybear »

Congratulations, good find on that older link. If [solved] edit the subject line of your first post to help others find solutions.
800mhz, 512mb ram, dCore-jessie (Tiny Core with Debian Jessie packages) with BusyBox and Fluxbox.
Most don't have computer access, reuse or pay forward an old computer.