Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Input/output error during read on /dev/sda...when installing

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Ventris

Input/output error during read on /dev/sda...when installing

#1 Post by Ventris »

Hi there.

First post.

I get the above error message at the 'Partition disks' phase of Debian installation when trying to install Debian from a USB stick.

Upon doing some research I partitioned my laptop hard disk (Hitachi 500 GB) in Windows to include an EXT4 partition but that didn't help.

Any kind folks willing to give some insight?

Thanks,

Scott

Ardouos

Re: Input/output error during read on /dev/sda...when instal

#2 Post by Ardouos »

Ventris wrote:Hi there.
Hi
Ventris wrote: First post.
I see
Ventris wrote: I get the above error message at the 'Partition disks' phase of Debian installation when trying to install Debian from a USB stick.

Upon doing some research I partitioned my laptop hard disk (Hitachi 500 GB) in Windows to include an EXT4 partition but that didn't help.

Any kind folks willing to give some insight?
Could be the installation image that you have used (the image file) or your hard drive failing. What installation image did you download?
Ventris wrote: Thanks,
Scott
Your welcome
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀