Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth Headphones in Jessie (Debian 8) as Output Device

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
flipjargendy

Bluetooth Headphones in Jessie (Debian 8) as Output Device

#1 Post by flipjargendy »

After a lot of messing around and research, I figured out how to actually get my bluetooth headphones to connect and stay connected. Although once I shut them off, remove the device and re-add it using Blueman.

Right now, `pavucontrol` shows "Headphones (unplugged)" and there is no sound coming out of the speakers. But there is no sound coming out of the headphones either. They are set to the fallback. I've opened `alsamixer` and made sure everything was turned up. Still, no sound.

Since `bt-audio` isn't on Jessie, I don't know what I should do. It seems like this may be the missing step but I am unsure. Any ideas on this one?
My typewriter never has kernel panic. I hate technology!!!

mehdix

Re: Bluetooth Headphones in Jessie (Debian 8) as Output Devi

#2 Post by mehdix »

My laptop has an Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter and I had no bluetooth in Jessie. I installed firmware-atheros from non-free and it solved my issue. For pairing my bluetooth headset I only installed pulseaudio-module-bluetooth package, however it does not work out of the box such as in Ubuntu 14.04. I had to killall palseaudio sometimes to get the headset in the list of output devices. AFAIK the "Headphones (unplugged)" is not the correct one, you should see name of your bluetooth headset in the list. For me it shows "Headset - DR-BTN200" in the list. Here is a picture: http://imgur.com/Zb4FkjH